Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Adultery; (1 Viewer)

musichal

WF Veterans
I like Don Henley's line "when you get down to the heart of the matter, I think it's about forgiveness even if you don't love me anymore," and Jesus's challenge "let him who is without sin cast the first stone." Points to ponder, especially for the more judgmental of us.

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
I remember when I first heard the term "grass widow" to describe a divorced woman. My brother married one in the 1950's and it was a family scandal at the time. She had a child, a troubled one who eventually went to prison; my brother never really could reach him. Still, they stayed together until her death and he never even thought about straying. When trust is broken, it hardly ever heals and there are always consequences.

LeeC

WF Veterans
To put all this in stark terms, species vary relative to monogamy traits, and as liminal threads in Mother Nature's web-of-life, where evolution works towards preparing species for changing conditions, different behaviors creep into individuals of any species.

Free to make my own potentially ill-formed decisions, I've formed the opinion that longer term well-being, where other compatibility issues aren't a serious problem, necessitates recognizing which head is making decisions ;-)

dither

WF Veterans
I'm sorry guys, no offence intended , but there has to be some leeway here.

Extenuating circumstances.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Just to interject a lighter note my young son just told me the other day that he could remember five of the ten commandments off the top of his head. So he reeled them off for me:

1. Don't lie
2. Don't steal
3. Don't cheat
4. Don't murder
5. Don't adult

At least that last one is fairly easy.

dither

WF Veterans
Just to interject a lighter note my young son just told me the other day that he could remember five of the ten commandments off the top of his head. So he reeled them off for me:

1. Don't lie
2. Don't steal
3. Don't cheat
4. Don't murder
5. Don't adult

At least that last one is fairly easy.

Yeah,
i know,
but....................

Last edited:

InstituteMan

WF Veterans
I'm sorry guys, no offence intended , but there has to be some leeway here.

Extenuating circumstances.

I guess I'm kind of in the Dan Savage school of thought here. Should one half of a relationship declare a unilateral end to the sexual component of a relationship, I find it hard to judge the party who wanted to continue a sexual relationship for doing what maybe needs to be done in order to stay sane without divorcing and finding a different partner. Sometimes a marriage is actually pretty good other than being sexless, so why throw that away? At the same time, though, a typical adult human being will require some sexual release--if such a person is married to someone who becomes asexual (for whatever reason) that asexuality simply cannot be imposed on the other person, and it's not reasonable to expect someone who isn't asexual to live a life without sex.

I've known relationships where one party doesn't want to continue having sex with a spouse and, therefore, is willing to turn a blind eye to straying, so long as the straying is discrete. If one party to a relationship refuses to continue having sex with a spouse, I just don't see how that person thinks the spouse can be expected to remain celibate.

Which is my long-winded way of saying, yes, there are sometimes extenuating circumstances.

Kevin

WF Veterans
so long as... is discrete.
that is a tough one to believe possible. I tried to hide it but the guilty look on R.P.'s... so I put a glove on to hide that, and it was noticed immediately. Then of course there are the long-term effects of repeated... uh... anyway, hair growing where it doesn't, and eventual blindness.

musichal

WF Veterans
that is a tough one to believe possible. I tried to hide it but the guilty look on R.P.'s... so I put a glove on to hide that, and it was noticed immediately. Then of course there are the long-term effects of repeated... uh... anyway, hair growing where it doesn't, and eventual blindness.

Surely, cheating with Rosie doesn't count!

Jackson Browne:

Rosie, you're alright
you wear my ring
when you hold me tight
Rosie, that's my thing
When I turn out the light
I got to hand it to me
Looks like it's me 'n' you again tonight
Rosie

dither

WF Veterans
I'm amazed by how this old apple jus' keeps on bobbin and one day maybe.

Just maybe.
affraid.gif

Would be some dither huh!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread