Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Across the Nightingale Floor (1 Viewer)

kitaria

This is such an amazing book.. it is the first of a trilogy, I haven't gotten round to reading the second or third book yet...

Lian Hearn is the author, and american writer, however i'd never have guessed it if i hadn't researched into the authors background

the book is set in japan during the war.. it shows how the war clans intereact with one of the clans having females as leaders... a love story integrated into a book of killing, VERY beautifully written....

A must read!!!

Logik

kitaria said:
This is such an amazing book.. it is the first of a trilogy, I haven't gotten round to reading the second or third book yet...

Lian Hearn is the author, and american writer, however i'd never have guessed it if i hadn't researched into the authors background

the book is set in japan during the war.. it shows how the war clans intereact with one of the clans having females as leaders... a love story integrated into a book of killing, VERY beautifully written....

A must read!!!

I listened to the audiobook from Audible.com .. it was a pretty good book. I'm tempted to get the second and third. I think the narrators brought the story to life in the audiobook. Curious how it ends.

I'd recommend it too. Very interesting story.

Ben

Yup. It's in a time and place that dont exist.

But the story is still good. I've read the first two books and they were heaps good. I'm reading the third one at the moment... I think there are going to be many wars in it. Which i like.

--Besh

A

Annie

I tried to read it when I was twelve, but didn't get past the first couple of pages. Can't remember what turned me off, exactly. Is it fantasy?