Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Acid Rain (1 Viewer)

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
EDIT: This poem isn't about THIS forum. I know I wrote it below but there seems to be some confusion!!!!!

Written a long time ago for another forum ...

Acid Rain

Mellifluous, a smooth and even tone
Overt oppression jars this slickened tongue
Derelict the thoughts of addled men,
Sat pompous on a thrown of young.

Angst, the cold of a blacksmith’s steel,
Ready the anvil, hammer and fire.
Eschew the water, shape, not starve the blade,
Forgo the calamity of lustful ire.

Open hearts, the once was withered part
Or risk a turgid land of clod and weed
Lament the arid earth, breathe in the trees
Superfluous the acid rain so praise our seed.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I took some time to really think about this...

my interpretation:

Not speaking to or not disciplining the youth in a thoughtful or balanced way can produce environmental hazards. They don't need to be raged at; they need healthy rain.

My favorite line is "Eschew the water, shape, not starve the blade"

Not sure if I understood properly but I appreciate how it flows...real easy, no hiccups.

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
Hmmm... I took some time to really think about this...

my interpretation:

Not speaking to or not disciplining the youth in a thoughtful or balanced way can produce environmental hazards. They don't need to be raged at; they need healthy rain.

My favorite line is "Eschew the water, shape, not starve the blade"

Not sure if I understood properly but I appreciate how it flows...real easy, no hiccups.

It's about bad modding on a forum. :) look down the first letters of the stanzas ...