Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Abandoned (2 Viewers)

ritudimrinautiyal

He said "I was just performing
For the last twenty years,
and now I feel, the act is over".
Making junk of memories of him,
of last twenty years,
he abandoned me.

Ritu Dimri Nautiyal

Last edited:

2020Syd2020

I think this is a really emotive piece, heartbreaking in how sparse and blunt it is. I would try and find another way of saying abandoning just so that abandoned at the end really has a chance to make an impact with the reader.

Cheers

Syd

ritudimrinautiyal

I think this is a really emotive piece, heartbreaking in how sparse and blunt it is. I would try and find another way of saying abandoning just so that abandoned at the end really has a chance to make an impact with the reader.

Cheers

Syd

Ok Syd. I would rethink on it
Thanks

ritudimrinautiyal

I hate when people try to tell you what you are feeling and what your intentions are.
This is sad...the abandonment is real.

Hi Happy
True you are saying. It's not me who is going through it, but there is definitely someone who is going through it.

Thanks for understanding that.

Last edited:

Annie. Marie

That sinking feeling of being betrayed and abandoned has to be one of the worst things a person can feel emotionally.
In L2 I would add "the" after "for"
L3 I would switch up a bit so it flows easier.. maybe.. "and he feels, my act is over now"..or... "and feels, as if the act is over now"

Thank you for letting us read your work.

-Annie

ritudimrinautiyal

That sinking feeling of being betrayed and abandoned has to be one of the worst things a person can feel emotionally.
In L2 I would add "the" after "for"
L3 I would switch up a bit so it flows easier.. maybe.. "and he feels, my act is over now"..or... "and feels, as if the act is over now"

Thank you for letting us read your work.

-Annie

Thanks a lot Annie. I edited the way you told.