Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A WF Discord server? (1 Viewer)

Sinister

Idk how much this contravenes any policies or conventions that WF has... But personally, I wouldn't mind chatting with a few of our members. They seem like knowledgeable and personable people that it would be interesting to get to know. And I was wondering about the possibility of setting up a discord server for all of us to be better in-touch. Definitely would help any collaborative efforts that might be in-progress.

If this has been brought up before or shot down for various reasons, I guess disregard one newbie's opinion. I mean, I'd understand, manning a discord could be a bit too much. But I ask only out of the desire to get to know all the members much better. I don't have too much of a social life, when it comes to friends or parties and whatnot and would definitely cast my vote to a way to talk to everyone on a more immediate, moment-to-moment, basis. It wouldn't really interfere with my on forum content so much a eliminate a great deal of my nonsense posts.

Just wondering.

-Sin

Kimoco

I would join, if it had the same rules of engagement as this forum. I love the forum's way of communicating though, which is at a slower pace than a discord. So I'm on the fence. :)

robertn51

Friends of WF
From what I see in the XenForo (peeps made this community tool WF uses) there are several Discord integration add-ons. Some are sketchy. Some require money. But there is a path.

Up to Tech and the depth of community interest? Anything that adds site Admin load or operating cost without some balancing member support is likely to get deserved side-eye. Just sayin.

I'd use it if it was integrated with the site and mgmt roles & rules.

Sinister

That's a good point. It's all very well for me to say we should have a discord server, when I've no idea what costs could be attached and am not even currently a contributing member. And definitely something to be addressed, as I knew it would be when I started the thread. So if that isn't a realistic idea monetarily, that's a definite answer to my question. But I still feel making the suggestion an appropriate measure.

-Sin