Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Angel with Broken wings
  • Start date
A

Angel with Broken wings

I am reading fairly good book so far Its kind of boring and it can make you fall a sleep less then two minutes in the begining of the book. It's called a Walk to Remember, I dont really care for it that much. It's different from the movie, the movie had more passion. The book I would have to say it didnt catch my eye. I like romantic books don't get my wrong but Nicholas Sparks really doesn't make me want to go any farther then the three begining chapters, he kind of makes me want to read that book when I can't sleep and find something that will bore me and I can go right to sleep. I was going to see if The Notebook was any good if anyone knows, can you please tell me how it was thank have a nice day!

perkonet

The book for "The Notebook" is 10x better than the movie. You will cry through the last 2/3 of the book, everyone does. I think it's amazing that a man can be that sensitive as a writer. Also, the character of Noah comes across so much better in the book. He's so strong, and yet so sensitive. His love for her is what every woman wants to believe a man can feel, and it's portrayed so well. I loved it. It's almost impossible to believe a straight, happily married man can write like that, lol.

I didn't even know he had written "A Walk to Remember." I have a friend who told me "Three Weeks with my Brother" is really good. Happy reading.

character1_Caitlin

perkonet said:
The book for "The Notebook" is 10x better than the movie. You will cry through the last 2/3 of the book, everyone does. I think it's amazing that a man can be that sensitive as a writer. Also, the character of Noah comes across so much better in the book. He's so strong, and yet so sensitive. His love for her is what every woman wants to believe a man can feel, and it's portrayed so well. I loved it. It's almost impossible to believe a straight, happily married man can write like that, lol.

I didn't even know he had written "A Walk to Remember." I have a friend who told me "Three Weeks with my Brother" is really good. Happy reading.

I went to the library and the ones I wanted were signed out but I have "The Bend in the Road" it looks interesting. I have not started yet, plan to soon.

beautifulempress

I loved A Walk To Remember. I loved it more than The Notebook. But that's just a matter of preference. I thought it was okay but too cliched for my liking (The Notebook). I was going to rent the movie but was told by a friend it wasn't any good.

The thing with Sparks' books is that his books start off really boring but lifts towards the middle of the story.

I had a friend (who's not a writer) thought The Notebook was too slow in some parts and rushed in others and thought it was slow to start off with.

I saw the movie to A Walk To Remember and there's no doubt that the book is better, in my opinion. In the book, you get to know both the characters' families more intimately and I felt it touched me a lot more.