Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Summers Day (1 Viewer)

knottla

It's Summer, what a beautiful day.
The fields and trees are in full colour.
The skylarks are high in the sky.
All the birds sing their chorus,
even in the pouring rain.

Nature is flourishing,
Summer is here again.
All around the countryside,
the hares, rabbits and pheasants,
all make their habitats,
in the land around here.

Summer is slowly ebbing.
The nights start drawing in.
The colours in the trees,
show a different kind of Hue.

The animals start to ready themselves,
for Autumn to start.
Bringing the mist and the fog,
and the winds blow in,
giving everything a chill.

Then the coldest time of the year.
Frost and snow make it hard
for the animals to feed themselves,
at this particular time of the year.

Then we see the rebirth,
Spring is on it's way.
Everything starts a new life.
From faun and fauna,
to the atmosphere, what a time to be alive.

Now we've come full circle,
Summers here again.
What a difference twelve months can make.
When we're bathed in the sun.

dannyboy

WF Veterans
A Summer's Day and summer's here

the cycle is well put - I think you should consider cutting the first S to 4 lines and the second to 5 to the pattern of 4 lines then 5 is constant throughout reflecting the symmetry in the 12 months cycle.

I enjoyed this poem - a sweet, easy read. I especially like how the poem came full circle. It's like an encouragement that we can get through the cold, dark seasons in our lives. Nice work. Thank you for sharing.

knottla

Thank you dannyboy for your comments regarding lines in each stansa. I'll have a look and see what needs to be done to achieve that.

knottla

Thank you Ritu for your kind comments. It appears I've got the bug for writing. i try to write at least one piece of poetry a day. They are not all good pieces but they're my own thoughts from inspirations.

ritudimrinautiyal

Thank you Ritu for your kind comments. It appears I've got the bug for writing. i try to write at least one piece of poetry a day. They are not all good pieces but they're my own thoughts from inspirations.

You are doing good knottla, just stay in those writing spirits.

Good luck
Ritu