Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Senryu Of My Own “Grand” Design ;3 (1 Viewer)

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
I could care are less about the syllable count this is senryu- and a good one . One nit, please take out those capitol letters, it distracts from the senryu.

Love purely love the last line. the wonder , grandeur, yes even the magic of the spider web but a dimension that even transcends that= a joy to read

syllable counts -english 3-5-3
Japanese 5-7-5

following this count just makes you hone in on the word placement=

ladygarmadone17

Thanks for the feedback, I just saw a senryu someone else made with ease and thought how have I never created one? So I decided to give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
I'm glad you think they're easy because they're not. There's a lot of subtlety, shadings and insight that goes into them. If this was your first try I applaud you but poets spend years trying to master haiku and senryu .