Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A present from my husband (2 Viewers)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
After 43 years of marriage, he's finally got the message

If at first.jpg

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Instead of doing what Betty told me to do (replace a bulb in a light strip where the bulb has two little prongs you have to blindly fit into two little slots, then push just so, then twist just so, all while stretching up to the limit of my reach), I finally just replaced the whole damned light strip with a 3 foot LED fixture. Now she can tell what she put on the stove.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Instead of doing what Betty told me to do (replace a bulb in a light strip where the bulb has two little prongs you have to blindly fit into two little slots, then push just so, then twist just so, all while stretching up to the limit of my reach), I finally just replaced the whole damned light strip with a 3 foot LED fixture. Now she can tell what she put on the stove.
It’s nice you went that extra mile . :)

but I was right when it came to the colour of the letters on the sign. The first thing our friend mentioned about the sign that they could not read some of the words from a distance…. The only letters that stood out were the ones painted in white.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
It’s nice you went that extra mile . :)

but I was right when it came to the colour of the letters on the sign. The first thing our friend mentioned about the sign that they could not read some of the words from a distance…. The only letters that stood out were the ones painted in white.
With that sign, that would work better if "Wife" was ALSO painted in white.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PiP

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
With that sign, that would work better if "Wife" was ALSO painting in white.
But then it would read ..."If Doing Your Wife" LoL I'd rather the friends walk over to the other side of the pool to read it. ... bear in mind English is not the first language of many of our friends LoL... Our Dutch friend would put 2+2 together and make s5 and our Portuguese friend would be totally non-plussed and as for ... God only knows ... sigh. I'll sneal out in the dead of night and paint it myself ;)