Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Newbie (1 Viewer)

WorldHero21

Hello!! I'm WorldHero21!! You can call me WH, World, or "Emu" (my nickname since the first grade). An yes, I'm a newbie here!! I found this site while browsing through deviantART.com, an art site that I'm on very frequently during the week. I was on another writing forum site, but unfortunately, I lost interest in it.

A bit about me:
I'm currently a high school junior, and a very avid, almost die-hard fantasy reader. I'm literally an air-head and a visual learner, so if any imagery is described to me, such as scenes, I end up picturing it. My imagination can actually scare me sometimes (I often have the weirdest dreams ever...-_-) I'm literally a freak; if I hear the word "fantasy," I can get a bit hyper and air-headed. Yeah...that's why I'm considered a freak....but I like being unique this way! :p

I'm a wannabe novelist/fantasy writer, and I'm trying to search for more critiques and readers on my current "work-in-progress" series, "The World Hero Race," which I have been writing since the 7th grade (about six years ago). Since then, it has really taken off, despite the very few friends/readers it has. I've recently sent four chapters of my first book in a Scholastic Novel Contest, and I hope to get the results of it by this summer.

My series is based off an early childhood dream of saving the world. A little corny, I know, but from the few readers I have on deviantART, it is very exciting and hilarious. It would be considered "Contemporary" fantasy, and a bit of sci-fi in it because of the magic and technology it involves. It has been my inspiration in life since I've started writing it, and one of my life's dream is to publish it sometime after college, or even earlier (if I win that contest). I can't live without it at all; it is the only thing I can daydream about.

So yeah......that's about it for now!! Hopefully you will enjoy my story once I put it up here. I seriously doubt anyone's going to dislike it though, since I've heard a lot of exciting and excellent comments on it before....

Last edited:

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, WM! Let me be the first to welcome you to Writing Forums, and I hope you'll enjoy your membership.

Nickie

WorldHero21

Why is your nickname Emu?

Welcome.I like you already.

My classmates back in the 1st grade thought it sounded close to my real name, which in fact, it doesn't. But the nickname has been with me since then, so I don't mind it. :D

I've already put up my story in the fiction area already, labeled "The World Hero Race: Book One: Prologue"...or something like that. Feel free to read it. I'll put up the first chapter once someone has left a comment!!

Thank you for all your comments, though!!! :D

Last edited: