Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Newbie from Australia (1 Viewer)

A

arianbrightside

Hi All,

My name is Erin and I am 24 years old. I've been a writer since I was about 14 years old. I've tried my hand at science fiction, chick lit, romance, teen fiction, fan fiction, poetry - lots of different things.
I come here partly seeking like minds, and partly out of sheer desperation. I'm a writer. I've been a writer since I was 14 years old. But recently I've been shunted into the role of copywriter in my workplace (an adult movie distributor).

Somehow, when I became a copywriter (having joined the company as an inventory controller), I ceased to be a writer. That was a year ago. Characters used to walk into my head fully formed and start telling me their story, but now you could tell me the title of ANY adult film on the planet and I could write you 100 words about it. Like that! But my characters are gone. This is not what I envisioned doing with my writing.

So here I am - desperate to write again. Looking into the future with excitement and a great deal of trepidation. Hoping I can find some inspiration, and a place to share my bits and pieces. And very, very happy to be here!

Nice to meet everyone!

Erin.

Tari

Ouch.

Well, I'm sure your characters are still alive somewhere, under a mass of adult films summaries. You just have to dig 'em up, and how better to do so than by writing stories again?

The first thing you'll probably wanna do is to try and forget as many adult film storylines as you can. From what I understand (having not seen any before), they're mostly poorly written, so having to write summaries on it probably didn't help you any. =P

Welcome, and I hope you find your characters. :D

A

arianbrightside

The first thing you'll probably wanna do is to try and forget as many adult film storylines as you can. From what I understand (having not seen any before), they're mostly poorly written, so having to write summaries on it probably didn't help you any. =P

Welcome, and I hope you find your characters. :D

You're right. Most of the movies are so woefully awful and samey that just thinking of something different to say about Brand New Girls 3 and Brand New Girls 4 takes more mental power than I ever thought it would, haha.

There are the odd brilliant ones, and writing about them is a piece of cake, but you only get like one a year.

I am sure my characters will come back. I've just got to fight through the jungle of copy writing and editing to find them.

Thanks for the friendly words :)