Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A new story published on Flashes (1 Viewer)

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
Ruth Asch (Hawkeye on WF)

ruth-asch.jpg

wrote this beautiful story "Abnegation".

Below you can read a small part, but you are most welcome, and invited, to read the entire story on >> Flashes <<

"Striding down the hill, my orange dress glows in the unseen sun. It grows warmer every minute, heat from the snug bodice slowly penetrates my chest, and the flapping skirt licks my legs like flames. I walk faster, to avoid each maddening brush. It’s tempting to stand stock-still and hope it will die down – but that would look ridiculous.
[...]"

Marjon

Ruth, this is a beautiful, somewhat haunting story. Written with care and compassion. I am glad I read it.

Users who are viewing this thread