Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A love letter for the times and seasons. (1 Viewer)

Jz2356

My dearest friend,

Regardless of what or when, despite how or why, whether we weather storms of unyielding sorrow, or endure the joyful bliss of each other's company, let our deepest love and affection be molded and heightened through every time and season we endure. Winter's chill may creep upon the horizon, with the first days of spring not prolonged as much as we perceive, but such love should flow more abundantly, such care should be shown all the more deeply, regardless of whatever time we go through. Through grief and sorrow, through pain and strife. Through every joyful moment and victorious triumph, through every moment of love and affection relayed through both spoken word and deed displayed. Let every moment we have, let every second we pursue our plotline, let the remainder of our allotted time together as mere breaths upon this earth be shared with the deepest love, the most sincere affection, and a faithfulness few could match. If I should map or chart or course throughout this life, let it be done with you by my side through every moment throughout our stories, together, regardless of whatever storms we weather.

With the most tender love and affection,

Your dearest friend.

May Lord Jesus Christ have all the glory!

-Jordan Zuniga

This was a warm up piece for the morning! I hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback on how I could improve, please comment down below!

Thank you so much, and God bless!

Reactions: PiP

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
This is a very loving and positive way to 'warm up' those writing muscles. :) If I had to give some advice, I would only say that you could, perhaps, tighten it up a little by removing some of the repetition. Very often, less is more powerful and thought-provoking because it forces the reader to think about what is being said and encourages them to search for the core message. Nice poetic language though.

Jz2356

Jen,

Thank you for the advice! It's funny, as you mention this, I remember the day this was written I was reading it aloud to a person, and I was asking if it sounded too repetitive and now I have that same confirmation from you. Thank you for that feedback, I had the same impression after it was compete!

God bless, and thank you!
-Jordan Zuniga

LivingPoetintheFlesh

This was so flowery (but in a good way) I liked it, I also think you could do something about the repetition like what Jen said. But other than that it was pretty good.

darrellmoneyhon

My dearest friend,

Regardless of what or when, despite how or why, whether we weather storms of unyielding sorrow, or endure the joyful bliss of each other's company, let our deepest love and affection be molded and heightened through every time and season we endure. Winter's chill may creep upon the horizon, with the first days of spring not prolonged as much as we perceive, but such love should flow more abundantly, such care should be shown all the more deeply, regardless of whatever time we go through. Through grief and sorrow, through pain and strife. Through every joyful moment and victorious triumph, through every moment of love and affection relayed through both spoken word and deed displayed. Let every moment we have, let every second we pursue our plotline, let the remainder of our allotted time together as mere breaths upon this earth be shared with the deepest love, the most sincere affection, and a faithfulness few could match. If I should map or chart or course throughout this life, let it be done with you by my side through every moment throughout our stories, together, regardless of whatever storms we weather.

With the most tender love and affection,

Your dearest friend.

May Lord Jesus Christ have all the glory!

Darrell Mountainfaller Moneyhon here.
Dear Jordan, I was just philosophizing in a response somewhere in this same forum, how love is a verb, how the heart can process a subtle energy that we call love, and how a loved-one can prime the pump for that transmitting and receiving of love-energy. Good hearts "think" alike?!
Thanks
-Jordan Zuniga

This was a warm up piece for the morning! I hope you enjoyed it and if you have any feedback on how I could improve, please comment down below!

Thank you so much, and God bless!

darrellmoneyhon

Dear Jordan,
I was just philosophizing in a response somewhere in this same forum, how love is a verb, how the heart can process a subtle energy that we call love, and how a loved-one can prime the pump for that transmitting and receiving of love-energy.

Good hearts "think" alike?!

Thanks for the inspirational writing that reminds us how important love is.

Darrell (Mountainfaller) Moneyhon