Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Howdy do from Maine! (1 Viewer)

P

Picard23

I figured I'd introduce my self before perusing the forums. I'm really just starting out as a writer and for the first time I am actually happy with the fruit of my labor. I've actually had the urge to do something creative for a long time. Originally I tried drawing but, I found that I can express more in words that with just a picture. As of late, I've finally stopped wasting my time playing video games and watching t.v.; devoting that time to writing instead. Though, either of the two can prove quite inspirational! Any who, at first I tried posting one the first piece of a character exercise on both deviantart and myspace but, my friends either proved unhelpful or didn't read it at all. Not that I expect them too, of course. So I asked another friend at school what I should do and he suggested I check out a writer's forum. So here I am, at the threshold of an entirely new community to me.
Ok, that was a bit of a ramble wasn't it? Ah well. I do look forward to meeting people in the writing community and improving my own writing. Not to mention I love reading!
So, Caio for now!

A

Alan Smithee

hey picard, nice to meet you! i'm new myself, just joined up a few hours ago, and i've already posted up a story and cant wait for de response! Hope you get the kind of feedback your looking for!

P.S oh, and your right about video games and tv often being a good insperation, i entirely second that!!