Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Fun Challenge - maybe? (1 Viewer)

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor
This is just an end-of-pandemic challenge to help the time pass.

I'm challenging you to come up with 100 words (or less) to describe your favorite movie. I'll start.

THE QUIET MAN - 1952

A former American prize fighter (Sean) goes to Ireland, meets a gorgeous redheaded Irish lass (Kate). Her brother says yes to an engagement but refuses to pay her dowry. After they are married, Kate is ashamed Sean won’t demand her dowry and runs away. Sean finds her at the train station and takes her to confront the brother. There’s a fight between the brother and Sean, observing Marquis of Queensbury Rules and then a long walk home, where a woman offers a stick to Sean to “beat the lovely lady” with. The brother loses the fight and pays the dowry.

(100 words)

Matchu

In the 1700s a loveable rogue takes the King’s shilling. Our rogue battles across Europe. Our soldier cradles his uniformed, dying uncle below the muskets’ volley, crying like a baby over that broad chest, continues on through the fogs of warfare now as a spy ordered to betray the Dandy but changes sides weeping in that other man’s arms because they are both Irish, you see. Good buddies now gallop from palace to palace where hero seduces lady after cards with love scene most tender, and music leading to decline, horrible step-son, duel, plus death ninety minutes later on.

100 no clues :)

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
Reads like an episode of Sharpe. I haven't seen this film, whatever it is.
In the 1700s a loveable rogue takes the King’s shilling. Our rogue battles across Europe. Our soldier cradles his uniformed, dying uncle below the muskets’ volley, crying like a baby over that broad chest, continues on through the fogs of warfare now as a spy ordered to betray the Dandy but changes sides weeping in that other man’s arms because they are both Irish, you see. Good buddies now gallop from palace to palace where hero seduces lady after cards with love scene most tender, and music leading to decline, horrible step-son, duel, plus death ninety minutes later on.

100 no clues :)

Easy one

Monochrome. Victorian cobblers. A study of emancipation. The evils of drink. The pressures of 'society.' How even the humblest of us can rise to success.

Hobson's choice

Last edited:

Matchu

Peaky Blinders, the movie? Pinocchio, as in Walt Disney original [banned]? Police Academy 9?

Last edited:

Matchu

That looks quite good. I must have seen it. Really you must watch spoiler B*A*R*Y LY*N*D*N directed by S*t*n*l*y K*u*rick.

Matchu

CLUE:

As I sit vere in de hedgge watching de little gerl I am reminded of mortality I vill die soonly I am wun of the greatest film in history about froot.
100 words