Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A feel good moment (1 Viewer)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Most of us have them, but on the whole threads like "What grinds your gears?" do seem to predominate, so here's a chance to share a little positive that gave you a flip.

Chatting to my daughter on the phone she said that she was with a group of friends who were complaining that they had tried talking about 'Black lives matter' to their parents and that not one of them got it, they all said something along the lines of 'Well, all lives matter dear.' "I was so proud that neither you or mum have ever said that." I grew a couple of inches for a few hours after that :)

Tiamat

Patron
Earlier this morning, I was standing in the kitchen wiping down the counters. My guy came up behind me, reached around me, and placed both of his hands in the pockets of my jeans. I put the towel down on the counter and reached behind me to put my hands in the pockets of his jeans. We stayed like that a moment and he joked, "And now we're stuck." We weren't, of course, and we pulled away after a few moments, but my heart swelled with affection for awhile after the exchange.

CyberWar

For me, instructing the new guys in my unit is a very special thing. I guess it's a sort of teacher's pride, to see rookies learn and understand something new from my efforts, and have them look up to me as an authority on the subject.

TheManx

Several moments in a row for me last night. My wife and I went out on a REAL post-pandemic date for the first time since March. It's been just too hot to sit outside at a really nice restaurant. She came out all dolled up and I was like—DAMN woman. Ha ha. It was a beautiful evening. Everyone was appropriately socially distanced, but it was awesome being around other people who were also enjoying an evening out. If nothing else, all this chaos really makes you appreciate things that were easily taken for granted...

While I was driving home last Saturday morning I stopped at an apparent garage sale. The door was open, there was a pile of miscellaneous items stacked at the front of the garage and inside, a woman was seated at a banquet table piled high with what seemed to be junk. I walked in and realized she was painting wooden cut outs and she gave me a somewhat startled smile. "oh!", I said, "I thought this was a garage sale." We both laughed and ended up chatting for an hour or more. I think I made a new friend.

EternalGreen

I went to get a flu shot at CVS yesterday, and I got the last one they had in-stock at that location. I also saw that they're doing trials for COVID-vaccines in my city, so I called and they put me on a contact list.

I guess that means the viruses are losing, and that's all I can ask for right now.

Amnesiac

I assisted a customer yesterday, and even cobbled together a series of couplings and doo-dads in such a way that it solved his problem in an entirely new and novel way. It blew his mind, and he was so grateful. When I first started assisting him, he was a sour old fart, but by the time we were finished, he was all smiles. I felt like a million bucks for the rest of my shift. :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Not so much a moment as a series of them. It is our younger daughter, she finished her master's and became a fully qualified music therapist, she has started her first job with an autistic child, she is getting interviewed for other jobs, she helps me with the mysteries of technology and my youtube channel. Now she is starting up a branch of 'Little Piccolos' in Askew road near Hammersmith. It is a music class for mothers and under fives, she ran it in Bath initially as she went to university there and has kept it up there when she moved to London for her masters, now she will be doing it here as well.

It is really great when your kids achieve doing stuff they love.

TheManx

Not so much a moment as a series of them. It is our younger daughter, she finished her master's and became a fully qualified music therapist, she has started her first job with an autistic child, she is getting interviewed for other jobs, she helps me with the mysteries of technology and my youtube channel. Now she is starting up a branch of 'Little Piccolos' in Askew road near Hammersmith. It is a music class for mothers and under fives, she ran it in Bath initially as she went to university there and has kept it up there when she moved to London for her masters, now she will be doing it here as well.

It is really great when your kids achieve doing stuff they love.

Very cool. This made me smile. :)