Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A different sort of style (1 Viewer)

Mikie

I know that this may seem like some shameless promotion of another site, but I found this page a while ago and was simply amazed by some of the stories that these guys can bring out. They write collectively by role playing, but it's by far unlike any role playing that I've seen. You can find some of the stories that they have up at http://www.rphaven.org/hof/index.html . I personally reccomend "Geowalkers" and "You-Make-The-Choices Story".

Rob

I hate it when people drop by, say hello, get welcomes, then start posting links to some other site they want us to check out, which looks like the real reason they're here.

Maybe it's just me though.

Cheers,
Omni

Mikie

Is that why you think I'm here? Well, if it is, then I'm sorry to have given you that impression. While I am advertising another site's stories in this thread and in my signature, what's to say that I can't be here for new techniques and to read other stories? ;)

Last edited:

Rob

Mikie said:
Is that why you think I'm here? Well, if it is, then I'm sorry to have given you that impression. While I am advertising another site's stories in this thread and in my signature, what's to say that I can't be here for new techniques and to read other stories? ;)
At the moment you look to me just like someone who is only here to advertise their site. There's no way to tell you apart from the others here who do the same. That's the way you chose to introduce yourself.

* shrug *

Kane

We'll see. Usually your first actions betray your intentions. If you came here and posted hello, went and did some critiques, or put your story up for critique then we would get the impression you were here to be a part of the community. But when the first thing you do is advertise another site then we get the impression that is what you are here for.

Rob

No worries, Mikie. Welcome anyway. Plenty of time for you to settle in and convince us otherwise. It's not such a big deal.

Cheers,
Omni

Mikie

Kane said:
We'll see. Usually your first actions betray your intentions. If you came here and posted hello, went and did some critiques, or put your story up for critique then we would get the impression you were here to be a part of the community. But when the first thing you do is advertise another site then we get the impression that is what you are here for.

I frankly can't see what good that would be for advertising, just to pop up, post a link, and disappear. If you have doubts that I've come here to write, then I'll post some of a story I'm writing in a little while.

Kane

Mikie said:
I frankly can't see what good that would be for advertising, just to pop up, post a link, and disappear. If you have doubts that I've come here to write, then I'll post some of a story I'm writing in a little while.

It may not do any good, but people do it on every forum I've been on. People were doing it on my own forum so much I had to log on every day just to delete the offending users/posts. I got so sick of it that I took my forums down.