Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Close Look at Lydia Davis's "The Mice" (1 Viewer)

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
My essay on Lydia Davis' flash fiction, "The Mice," went online yesterday (Oct. 21, 2021). I consider Lydia Davis one of the best writers of flash fiction (and related forms). Some call her a "writer's writer" because many turn to her to learn how to write these so often memorable short pieces. (I have three of her large collections already, that's how much I love her interesting work.) She so often manages to go beyond surface details into realms worth thinking about. Hope you enjoy her story and my close look at it.

https://ojalart.com/associate-edito...7IjPiVgsb_5_oMkvskO6HYbEJoTn6LC8OlctTqm4yFHcg