Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

A Christmas thing (1 Viewer)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
There is a Christmas based story I wrote years ago that nearly got me thrown out of the house. There was really no need to take it personally, it was only a story. Anyway I posted it here, and over the years I have returned to it, or re-posted it, or something most every Christmas. This year though I decided to record it for my YouTube channel, so here is a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t833TGBwZKs

It is called 'Pipe dreams', there is a little bit of preamble where I give the forum a plug if you can bear with it :)

Hope you enjoy it, Happy Christmas

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Thank you for sharing, Olly! I enjoyed this. :) It was nice to hear a remembrance of Ox, too.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
You should explore the channel a bit, not sure how many videos there are now, but it must be around 25, and there is a lot of variety. It must add up to something like a couple of hours viewing time, better than some Christmas movie you have seen a dozen times :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Got that wrong, it adds uo to three hours thirty five mins forty five seconds, not including the two I posted twice in error, of course some of it is introductions and outros. I reckon I will have that again by the time I have finished, then there are the longer stories. Something to listen to while you cook Christmas dinner :)

Tiamat

Patron
Shameless plugs for WF and references to members who are no longer with us. I still think about Ox from time to time.

Nice story as well. It made me smile. Thanks for sharing it. :)