How to become a Ghostwriter?

Thread: How to become a Ghostwriter?

ravikiran

How to become a Ghostwriter?

Ghost writing is a welcome profession for many around the world. It can be taken up by students, retired people etc., to generate income. I hope this article on ghostwriting will help you make up your mind.

http://www.p2w2.com/blog/index.php/i...a-ghostwriter/
    Last edited by ravikiran; April 11th, 2008 at 05:13 AM.

Did you write that yourself?
    Hidden Content
    and hang out with the staff at
    Hidden Content

Well, first you have to die. (Should I repost this on the "would you die for your writing" thread?")

That article is some fairly weird shit, actually.

But I don't think anybody is going to take it seriously when linked to by somebody who thinks "freelance writing" is synonymous with "ghostwriting".

Why do I get the feeling that almost NO article about writing on the internet is written by anybody who actuall writes for a living?
    See my books Hidden Content (and in heaven).

lancengym
    Because Lin, if you did write for a living it's unlikely you'll do it for free...

Why are the pple who lurk around these sort of forums talking about writing usually unpublished writers? (not that there isn't any 'substance' here, just talking about the majority) Same thing... The pro's are busy doing their thing and making good money out of it.

Why are the pple who lurk around these sort of forums talking about writing usually unpublished writers?
    Because they want to be published and see participating in a verbal writing community as being a help in that goal.

Or because they are unpublished, they are using this is a way to get people to read their work. (The latter group are known as "poets")

It's a great opportunity, actually. I often try to imagine what it would have been like if I could have sought advice from pro writers when I was 16 instead of working in a vacuum. (I probably would have been as cocky as the teeny-boppers here)

The published writers here are like myself, I imagine: just trying to make trouble and mindfuck people.
    See my books Hidden Content (and in heaven).

BOURBON
    Quote Originally Posted by lin View Post
    The published writers here are like myself, I imagine: just trying to make trouble and mindfuck people.

AH, my mind is so fuuuuucked!

Scamen Arbor Complaintist
    If you are a ghostwriter of books or articles, in order to avoid complaints and handle false charges of scam, I recommend you have media insurance and a lawyer you can turn to. This is a business, so treat it as one. Don't think of it is as a hobby where you can earn a little extra money--because there are risks, especially when it comes to issues of fair usage and plagiarism.

Take a look at this article Ghostwriter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and this one Writing Coach: How to Find Work as a Ghostwriter