The Bards' Bistro - Page 2

Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 123456789101252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bards' Bistro

Baron
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_C View Post
    The bloke who played Ken Barlow in Corrie was a druid; I saw him at Stonehenge in the murky past. He was blowing some horn thing, I was tripping. We didn't speak; I thought it best not to. That was the year I told some Druid bint with a large chest that she could have health, wealth and happiness if she'd let me violate her pooper.

Ah, those new age days.
    I just knew that we were sure to get some intelligent chat going here.

What is an LM poetry challenge exactly?

Just a formal version of Baron's poetry contest.
    "A plot-driven story is anything with a plot." ~BS
    All lines are arbitrary; otherwise, we wouldn't have to draw them. ~Nicholas Vesiri

This seems as good a place as any to say thanks for your votes for my poem and the other winners,congrats. To Baron for getting it started, to selorian and cran and pete and ilasir foxee and all the others I have missed for all the efforts to set this (the above) up for all of us poets here. I really like the judging criteria and will print it of for my writing book, so as to have a good guide to make poems by. again thanks, huni
    each time we see the face ...it is our own ideas of him which we recognize. Proust

Thank you, Huni. I hope that the LM Poetry Challenge continues to be as fun and exciting for all of our poets as it always was in the Poetry forum.

Which brings me to:
    The next challenge is officially underway.

I was a few hours late in posting it, due to being under the weather and entertaining in-laws over the weekend, but it is up now.

The theme for this challenge, as submitted by Baron, is theatre.

Also, give a round of applause to your judges for this round:
    Ilasir Maroa
    rcallaci
    Pete C
    Shawn

My personal thanks to each of them for graciously agreeing to judge. All four of you rock to the extreme!
    Last edited by Selorian; November 26th, 2007 at 08:01 PM.
    Utopia can only exist in a violent societyHidden Content

Submissions for the 'theatre' LM Poetry Challenge is now closed.

There are thirteen terrific entries. Thank you to everyone who participated.

One of the main ideas behind the 'people's choice' vote was to help narrow the field of entries to make judging not so hard because of volume. Since there are only thirteen, should we move straight to the judging round, or should we go ahead and do a people's choice vote?
    Utopia can only exist in a violent societyHidden Content

Baron
    Quote Originally Posted by Selorian View Post
    Submissions for the 'theatre' LM Poetry Challenge is now closed.

There are thirteen terrific entries. Thank you to everyone who participated.

One of the main ideas behind the 'people's choice' vote was to help narrow the field of entries to make judging not so hard because of volume. Since there are only thirteen, should we move straight to the judging round, or should we go ahead and do a people's choice vote?
    I see no problem with going straight to the judging round.

Well, there's only actually 12 entries, because as a judge I just posted mine for fun.

Baron
    A few people who would usually submit a poem haven't been on the board for one reason or another over the last few weeks. I'm hoping that there'll be a better response to the next one.
    Last edited by Baron; December 5th, 2007 at 03:32 AM.

Let's just go straight to the judging.
    "A plot-driven story is anything with a plot." ~BS
    All lines are arbitrary; otherwise, we wouldn't have to draw them. ~Nicholas Vesiri