The Bards' Bistro - Page 117

Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1173

Thread: The Bards' Bistro

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters Daughter View Post
    I APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY IN CLOSING THE CHALLENGE AND OPENING THE POLL, GUYS, BUT I HAVE BEEN DESPERATELY ILL. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. TWO MEMBERS WROTE ME WHILE I WAS AWOL REGARDING ENTERING. UNTIL I HEAR BACK, I AM NOT CLOSING THE CHALLENGE. NO ONE WHO WISHES TO PARTICIPATE SHOULD SUFFER BECAUSE OF ME. PLEASE ALLOW ME A FEW MORE HOURS TO ENSURE EVERYONE WHO WANTED TO ENTER HAS DONE SO. AGAIN, MY APOLOGIES, PLEASE KNOW THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE NEGLECTED MY RESPONSIBILITIES UNLESS SOMETHING WAS SERIOUSLY AMISS. THANK YOU.
    As others have sometimes reminded me - real life comes first.
    I hope you enjoy a full and speedy recovery, CD.

Hello all, please forgive my 2am panic for sleeping through the closing of the challenge. While I used the 27th as the closing date for the poll in my post, I neglected to call attention to it, as every in December, we’re observing the 12 days of Christmas. I’ve since amended the poll post as follows:

Given the fact that this time of year is so busy, and occasionally boozy, we are going to honor the twelve days of Christmas and allow the poll to remain open for two extra days to give the busiest of us additional time to cast their votes.

THIS POLL WILL CLOSE ON DECEMBER 27th, 2020 AT 9:30pm EST.

My sincere apologies to everyone again, especially to Eve and Mr. Grimes for not being here when I should have been. It’s been a challenging eight days, but the tide has turned. Christmas came early for me this year. Appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding. Group hug!

Hello Chesters Daughter,

not a problem at all, I'm glad the tide has turned, that's good news. It was no problem, I have no technological knowledge but I met a friendly philistine that did . Everything was fine. Take care mate. All the best PG
    'I don't know what I'm doing'

what happened to the prompt posts for jan- there were around 5 or six posts- some prompts for jan - foxee saying she would judge and my posts Wtf
    Nature weeps, the devil sings
    at mans greed and pride
    and what it brings

Just lots of useless
    little things

Quote Originally Posted by rcallaci View Post
    what happened to the prompt posts for jan- there were around 5 or six posts- some prompts for jan - foxee saying she would judge and my posts Wtf
    This board is for poetry.
    Fiction board is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by Phil Istine; December 17th, 2020 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Fiction board is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    oops! I forgot to have my first cup of coffee
    Nature weeps, the devil sings
    at mans greed and pride
    and what it brings

Just lots of useless
    little things

I will likely be asleep when the poll closes, so if I don’t immediately create the winner’s thread upon the poll closure it’s not because I forgot, or am in a coma, or dead, or have developed dementia. I was going to set an alarm, but I don’t think my body will be happy about that, doc stressed rest. I am a completely incompetent disaster this month, and I apologize again. Kindly resume sending poisonous arrows of disappointment in my direction for they are certainly my due. See you all in the morning.

Every time... EVERRRYTIME!!! I tell myself that I am going to ONLY vote for the ONE poem that makes me feel something... emotional... that ONE poem that speaks to my heart... problem is ... the poets of WF are exceptional.... soooooo I guess that is why we are allowed to vote for more than ONE.... yes??
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Ah Fire, you have a mothering soul and sharp eye for talent.
    Poetry is what brings meaning into life when you are feeling down.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    Ah Fire, you have a mothering soul and sharp eye for talent.
    Poetry is what brings meaning into life when you are feeling down.

Ah Bazz.... you have a compassionate soul and you are wise beyond words, my friend... **hugs**
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.