The Bards' Bistro - Page 111

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101103104105106107108109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,106 of 1106

Thread: The Bards' Bistro

Cracked Smile by phil istine is a laugh riot- It made my permanent frown turn into a smile--
    Nature weeps, the devil sings
    at mans greed and pride
    and what it brings

Just lots of useless
    little things

Quote Originally Posted by rcallaci View Post
    Cracked Smile by phil istine is a laugh riot- It made my permanent frown turn into a smile--
    Absolutely brilliant! We desperately need some 'light' humour to brighten these dark days. Thank you Phil! It's a strong contender for my vote
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check our my personal blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rcallaci View Post

I told Phil "I don't know if I should laugh or cry".... he expressed what sooooo many American are thinking.... sooo of course I did laugh, but there was an underlying tone of hysteria ....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Light's Flight by rcallaci

Good to see that Bob is back, and on form with what seems to be his favourite subject

------

Drowning Music / The Midnight Zone Mermaids by ArrowInThe BowOfThe Lord

Some clever word choices that carry the piece along very nicely, though I think the title could be more concise.

------

Vestiges of Constellations Gone by Darkkin

Something a little closer to Darkkin's usual style this month, and I can picture and feel it (always a good thing), even if I don't fully understand it. Bravo!

-------

I'll comment on some more later.

Hi everyone, I realize we’re in a period of adjustment, so before we run into a problem, it’s time for a little reminder.

Both entries posted on the secure board have been commented on here in the public bistro. Since none of the comments gave away any juicy stuff that may compromise anyone’s first rights, I’ve elected not to move them. I then realized that the comments are actually a huge incentive for folks to seek out the works themselves. That’s a good thing and I think you guys know why. So, as long as you don’t give away any particulars, or heaven forbid, quote any portion of secure entries, I suppose it’s fine to discuss them here, but if you have a burning need to get explicit when it comes to secure entries, please post your comments in the Secure Bard’s Bistro.

Once we get to the voting/critique process, all critique for secure entries must, without fail, be posted in the secure critique thread. We all know how anal I am, so there’s no doubt that I’ll make that very clear in the opening post of the voting thread.

Thanks for your eyes, guys.

Poets

There still time to enter= don't be intimidated by all those badges and long term members on Wf. It doesn't mean that your badge-less status, limited time on WF and your poetry isn't any more valid and beautiful than the poetry entered so far
    Nature weeps, the devil sings
    at mans greed and pride
    and what it brings

Just lots of useless
    little things