The Bards' Bistro - Page 103

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 353939596979899100101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1030

Thread: The Bards' Bistro

I can't wait to see what wonderful interpretations everyone will come up with for my prompt!
    I threw a glance at humankind and saw them treacherous and feeble.
    Severe judges, cruel, unkind and fools who are always close to evil.
    Before their frightful, anxious mob, indifferent hate forever rages.
    Not learnt the lessons from the ages!
    What use are wise and tempered words?
    "Sometime, in my sweet blindness" - Pushkin

Yoo hoo...why for you bury me in the cold, cold ground? Where is everyone with their entries? Me joints are creakin’ from lack of use. Help a desperate whiny beggar out, pretty please.

Just a friendly reminder (translation: Lisa is back to beg again):

There are but nine hours remaining to enter this month’s challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters Daughter View Post
    Just a friendly reminder (translation: Lisa is back to beg again):

There are but nine hours remaining to enter this month’s challenge.
    Sorry, I did write part of a poem for the challenge but couldn't get my head around finishing it. I tried writing it from the POV of Anne Boleyn as a letter to Henry VIII.

I’m at my granddaughter’s birthday bash, I’ll get the poll up at around ten. Apologies for the delay, my darlings. Bad Lisa.

I’m at my granddaughter’s birthday bash, I’ll get the poll up at around ten. Apologies for the delay, my darlings. Bad Lisa.
    I did that about three weeks ago. It is a perfectly acceptable excuse for missing almost anything, and better fun than almost everything. I was going to say 'depending on how old they are', but if they are still young enough to want Gran there it's bound to be great.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Here lives a lass named CD
    who dabbles in poetry
    but prompts she can’t choose
    so she’s wallowed in booze
    please save her ere she OD’s

I warned you guys I suck at prompts. Here it is the sixth, and my inbox suffers a plague of cobwebs. I hope I haven’t sabotaged this month’s challenge with my shitty choice.

who dabbles in poetry
    but prompts she can’t choose
    so she’s wallowed in booze
    please save her ere she OD’s

I warned you guys I suck at prompts. Here it is the sixth, and my inbox suffers a plague of cobwebs. I hope I haven’t sabotaged this month’s challenge with my shitty choice.
    Every time I have a decent idea related to it I make a note and think... should I save this idea for April? I'm going to need a lot of ideas for April. End confession.
    You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

who dabbles in poetry
    but prompts she canít choose
    so sheís wallowed in booze
    please save her ere she ODís

I warned you guys I suck at prompts. Here it is the sixth, and my inbox suffers a plague of cobwebs. I hope I havenít sabotaged this monthís challenge with my shitty choice.
    Well, I've made a start on my entry, but I'm having to stretch the imagination

CD chooses prompt
    justice's servility
    rule by plebiscite

No, that's not it

I had a copy and paste disaster and did not post the final line of Mercy In Nature. Iíve since remedied my mistake, but implore those who have already read to revisit the entry in its entirety.

My sincere apologies to the entrant.