The Bards' Bistro - Page 100

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909293949596979899100
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000
    I would like to formally request an extension. I have a piece that I've been working on for this month, but which is solely on my laptop at home, and I am on central time and there is no way I'll get home in time to post it by the 7PM EST deadline. If I could be allowed an extension of just a few hours that would be sufficient, but I understand if that's a bad precedent to set.

Sorry Andrew, having connectivity issues, just saw this. It does set an unfavorable precedent, but if it's ready as in right now, please PM it to me and I'll allow you to enter. I need to have it before I set up the poll which is late for the first time ever because of my connectivity issues. Hate Fios. Ugh. I appreciate that you made the request public so everyone understands the method to my madness, but you should have PMed me also. I would have seen the request much quicker. I'm going to PM you now, also.

Oy, Andrew, you're killing me here. They are shutting our connection down for twelve hours, I need to get this poll up and running before then. I can give you fifteen minutes more, but then I have to proceed with the poll at which time I will no longer be able to accommodate you.

Apologies, love, but time is running short and I don't want the poll waiting another 12 hours so I must proceed.

Yoo-hoo...challenge entries in all shapes and sizes I am seeking to find you! Where is everybody this month? Time waits for no poet...tick...tock...tick...tock...

There are a bunch of excellent entries this month. Varied in style, form, and interpretation. I want to offer all a hardy Well Done!
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.

"They can because they think they can."
    ​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

Please note the Monthly Poetry Challenge and Pip have now been moved to the WF Challenge, Contest and prompts category
    Hidden Content
    My personal space Hidden Content is always open to visitors so please pop across and say 'Hi!'

This Bell challenge has been frustrating. Two started draft's and two deleted started draft's.

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Pelwrath View Post
    This Bell challenge has been frustrating. Two started draft's and two deleted started draft's.
    I needed to rewrite a chunk too, but got somewhere in the end.
    Sometimes I write several part-versions and end up posting nothing, so at least I'm over that hurdle this time.
    Do you ever find yourself wondering which version is better?

Yeah, I looked at my notes and saw something which became what I posted for the contest. Letting it sit and then a nights sleep helped. Sometimes but not as often as earlier in my writing.

​Virgil

​ Mark Twain