Life is like a...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Life is like a...

Corwin

Life is like a...

Inspired by Pat's thread, "Describe Life as a..." I decided to create my own, similar yet different, thread. The purpose of this thread is for people to practice and develop their simile-making abilities.

You all know the expression, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get", right? Here you are supposed to make your own "life is like" expressions, based on the prompts by the writer above you.

I'll start it off:

"Life is like a hacky-sack, who knows how long the cruel feet of fate can kick you around before you drop?"

Prompt: Bowl of Oranges

P.S. I was torn between putting this in the word games sub-forum or this one, if I chose wrong I sincerely apologize.

Life is like a game of Monopoly. When it's over, all the pieces go in a box.
    ---The greatest test of leadership is knowing when to follow. ---Nobody plans to fail, but many have failed to plan. ---It's what you do when you think you're alone that defines you. ---You can't start where you were, only where you are ---Never quit.
    For I am always,
    Dachux

life is like taking ketamine. its alright if your a horse but if your human your likley to spend all your time talking shit and not knowing whats going on.

box of chocolates...sorry I saw this thread and, er, couldn't resist..

lol you stole my line

life is like sex...theres ur ups and downs, (don't ask)
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong.
    No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness has always gotten there
    first and is waiting for it" ~ Reaper man, Terry Pratchett

Shandy
    Life is like a novel, many chapters in the same story.

Prompt: Stage

Life is like a garden, it grows and changes and in places it might die back, but there is always potential for regrowth.
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you: Friedrich Nietzsche.

I live in a cemetery full of good will and integrity: Silverchair

Life is like death. It can happen suddenly, or it can slowly creep ever closer to you. Either way, it's never what you expected.

Verbose
    Life is like a thing that's really hard to find an accurate simile for, due to conflicting theories and understandings of its inner workings and the possibility that it is different for each thing capable of experiencing it.

Life is like an apple, only it doesn't taste like one and doesn't grow on trees.

Prompt: Somme
    --

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast