No comic scripts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No comic scripts?

No comic scripts?

I guess no one wants to write comics here?
    Oh well.

I do. I just haven't actually written any yet.

Depending on how you look at it, it's either a good time or a bad time to be getting into comics. On one side, webcomics are the bomb, and several are currently making money. On the other, DC is not even accepting queries, and Marvel isn't planning on introducing new characters into their main 616 universe (probably until the end of the decimation storyline, anyway).

I think the problem is, I can't draw, so it falls to me to be the writer on the team, and there aren't a lot of Gabe's looking for writers out there.

I've tried, but I can't draw anything beyond stick figures.

I don't think it's necessarily a BAD time to try to break into the industry, what with Hollywood starting to poach all the talent (writers and artists). There is going to be another surge of new creators with new ideas, similar to the British invasion of the mid 80's.

Yes, well, I've got ideas. If anyone has loads of spare artistic talent to spare, but can't think of a plot line, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Loser
    I've tried, but I can't draw anything beyond stick figures.
    Eh, you're doing better than I am then.

ETA: I should point out the Order of the Stick. It's a web comic that I like that is drawn with stick figures. It's got a good solid plot, and I'm also a table top gamer, so I'm a big fan
    Last edited by Spherical Time; September 18th, 2006 at 05:49 AM.

Tinian, a tiny Pacific island north of Guam, south of Saipan
    is that your own original artwork, sub?... what's your hero/villain's name... looks like it could be 'Beehiveman'...
    For 100% free writing help/mentoring:
    Hidden Content

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mammamaia
    is that your own original artwork, sub?... what's your hero/villain's name... looks like it could be 'Beehiveman'...
    It's the Thing, from the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Spherical Time
    ETA: I should point out the Order of the Stick. It's a web comic that I like that is drawn with stick figures. It's got a good solid plot, and I'm also a table top gamer, so I'm a big fan
    Dammit. Addicted to another web comic now
    Every artist is a cannibal; Every poet is a thief
    All kill the inspiration; and sing about the grief - U2

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Tinian, a tiny Pacific island north of Guam, south of Saipan
    shows how importantly comics figure in my reading habits!
    For 100% free writing help/mentoring:
    Hidden Content

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

I like reading comics, but I don't often pay for them, so web comics are a definite boon to my reading habits. I have a dream to write for Marvel, but that's so far off that it's incidental to my current plans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast