Question: Screenplay & Video treatment

Thread: Question: Screenplay & Video treatment

GiaVega

Question: Screenplay & Video treatment

Hello,

I hope I am posting in the correct place. I would like to know two things,

1. Can anyone suggest any good screenwriting books and

2. Can anyone give me information regarding writing music video treatments? I have tons of treatments for songs but I just don't know where to start. I finally have the time to start doing this because I am almost done with college. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tinian, a tiny Pacific island north of Guam, south of Saipan
    1. you can email me for a 'tools of the trade' list... i help/mentor many aspiring screenwriters, so will also be glad to give you a hand, if you need it...

2. what do you mean by 'treatments for songs'?... do you not write either lyrics or music?...

as far as i know, there's no market for freelance writers of music videos, because they are produced by film studios that do such stuff and they, the record company, or the performers themselves will come up with the ideas that are then translated into the stuff you see on mtv...

and, again, i've no idea what you mean by 'treatments' here, as opposed to 'scripts' that are used in directing/shooting most other videos, since that is not one of my areas of expertise... in googling for same, came up with 47.6 MILLION hits!... go here for relevant info:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ts&btnG=Search

love and hugs, maia
    [email protected]
    For 100% free writing help/mentoring:
    Hidden Content

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi