LM Coffee Shop - Page 1104
Page 1104 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 604904100410541094109610971098109911001101110211031104
Results 11,031 to 11,040 of 11040

Thread: LM Coffee Shop

Blog Entries
    I'll have the comp up by tomorrow.
    On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed all the prices of ale. And on her behind, for the sake of the blind, was the same only written in braille"

"Ambiguity is one of the greatest faults in a craft. It comes from vague ambitions. One may inspired by good ambitions, but the immediate concern of the craftsman is to know what he is capable of doing at present; and to do it."
    - Edward Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    I was curious if a yearly challenge was planned? If not, Ill judge for January...
    There'll be a yearly challenge in February (announcements will be made soon ...)

You better get those stories written and polished up, people! Five more days to hinge at the waist, or not, whichever you prefer. But get writing and let's see those wacky stories.

Embrace Impermanence.

This board is still having issues with posting causing spacing issues, with words and lines running together. I pasted from word and the spacing was fine, but when I posted the story many words were combined with the following word (downstairshe). It took 11 minutes to correct the errors. I missed one line spacing error that I noticed after I posted the second time, but I didn't go back to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by godofwine View Post
    This board is still having issues with posting causing spacing issues, with words and lines running together. I pasted from word and the spacing was fine, but when I posted the story many words were combined with the following word (downstairshe). It took 11 minutes to correct the errors. I missed one line spacing error that I noticed after I posted the second time, but I didn't go back to correct it.
    I think this is something which entrants will need to be aware of and deal with. Translations from word-processing formats to html/bbs are dicey at best, and it doesn't seem like this software is going/is able to be updated anytime soon to ameliorate the issue. (The addition of mobile platforms to the posting community has, I'm guessing, aggravated things somewhat.) I do not haunt many other sites where copying from word-processors is common--Facebook is worse--so I don't know if the solutions are out there somewhere or not? A mention of the issue in the challenge announcement might perhaps be useful so it doesn't take as many entrants by surprise. Some of them will read it. I address the issue personally by postponing the final edit until I'm in the advanced posting box and then facing all the editing concerns in one go. For me this reduces the chance that I will miss something in a mad dash to just fix the posting problem. It does require a stable connection for a little longer period.

EDIT: I don't get the word-spacing issue anymore in my copied posts. My draft is in notepad or scrivener and I paste into the word pasting dialog in the advanced posting box. I do still get line spacing issues where every hard return is doubled, which I faithfully edit out. Using the word dialog is important, I consider.

ANOTHER EDIT: It is also possible to save the draft in the advanced posting box without actually posting it, so one could theoretically come back to it later. I never do this and so don't really know the details, but it might be an option for some.
    Last edited by ppsage; January 11th, 2018 at 11:17 PM.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

I've been using something called WPS Office on a phone to write. As far as I know, I haven't had a formatting issue with a copy and paste from that app.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDub View Post
    I've been using something called WPS Office on a phone to write. As far as I know, I haven't had a formatting issue with a copy and paste from that app.
    I have that on my phone and tablet too.
    On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed all the prices of ale. And on her behind, for the sake of the blind, was the same only written in braille"

"Ambiguity is one of the greatest faults in a craft. It comes from vague ambitions. One may inspired by good ambitions, but the immediate concern of the craftsman is to know what he is capable of doing at present; and to do it."
    - Edward Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by MacDub View Post
    Looks pretty interesting.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Blog Entries
    Been using Google Drive word documents and copy/pasting from there without hiccups for a while now. (knock on wood)

Still, I religiously preview and re-read it a couple times, and use the advanced posting/editing box as necessary.

"Here's to you as good as you are, and here's to me as bad as I am.
    As bad as I am, and as good as you are, I'm as good as you are as bad as I am."

-an old Scottish toast

Scoring Done. Busy times for the coming weeks so may not be around much. Hope you all are having fun and getting lots of exciting stuff written.
    Embrace Impermanence.