a quick question...

Thread: a quick question...

a quick question...

How long would you guess it takes to write a full length "Feature" film script, not including any revisions?

I am wondering how mine is progressing, i have been working on it for a month, but only like an hour a day, sometimes 2 and sometimes not at all.

(I generally work on it during my lunch hour at work...)
    "In this world, there is no such thing as a perfect man, only perfect intentions..." Morgan Freeman, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

I'm not sure. Maybe it's up to you, really, how much time you can take doing it and how well it's flowing for you. It took three months for me to write 30 minutes of screenplay, then only two days to write another 30 minutes.
    'Beauty stands and waits with gravity to start her death-defying leap. And he, a little charleychaplin man, who may or may not catch her fair eternal form spreadeagled in the empty air of existence.' - Laurence Felinghetti, 'The Acrobat'

I'd have to agree with Lisa Jane here. I know some authors who can crank out a 50,000 word romance novel in no time flat. Me on the other hand, it's taking sweet time, but I like the quality of my own work, so my goal is one thousand words per day. It may sound mechanical, but it works for me. I don't always hit it, and sometimes I go over. But I think it's important for me to set myself goals at this point in my writing career.

Pats
    "Nobody makes a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little."
    ---Edmund Burke