What song are you listening to? - Page 1338

Thread: What song are you listening to?

"The only calibration that counts is how much heart people invest, how much they ignore their fears of being hurt or caught out or humiliated. And the only thing people regret is that they didn't live boldly enough, that they didn't invest enough heart, didn't love enough. Nothing else really counts at all. It was a saying about noble figures in old Irish poems—he would give his hawk to any man that asked for it, yet he loved his hawk better than men nowadays love their bride of tomorrow. He would mourn a dog with more grief than men nowadays mourn their fathers.

And that's how we measure out our real respect for people—by the degree of feeling they can register, the voltage of life they can carry and tolerate—and enjoy.
    "

Live like a mighty river: a letter from Ted Hughes to his son, Nicholas

Hidden Content

Bean juice. Yeah....

Blog Entries
    Hidden Content

Self-proclaimed weeb. Reclaim the word.

Hidden Content

It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

Blog Entries
    Hidden Content

Self-proclaimed weeb. Reclaim the word.

Hidden Content

It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

"I think it's blessed are the cheese makers." "...What's so special about the cheese makers?" - Life of Brian

Blog Entries

I love this band, Cardiacs. Their music is the sort of difficult noise that would ensue if all the psychiatric patients got to play in the music room for a while. I also got an email - claim to extremely moderate fame - from their lead singer Tim Smith once (solicited, I hasten to add - he didn't just randomly get in touch). He's a bit horrible to his drummer sometimes though. Love the dog in the background. At one point it is barking along with the beat (such as that is), leading me to suspect the band's keyboardist is playing a bit of a joke on the others. I must add that this is not everyone's cup of tea, but in its own curious, slighly perplexing way, I think it is rather a good song.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!