can you write a 50 word story? try it! - Page 8

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: can you write a 50 word story? try it!

Quote Originally Posted by strokesnstripes
    My little sister was annoying me again.
    “Where were you all day? Tell me!” She continued this for fifteen minutes before I gave in.
    “If I tell you, I’ll have to kill you.”
    “Tell me!”
    So I told her. Then I brought the day’s body count to two.

48....that was actually really difficult.
    Haha, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by strokesnstripes
    “If I tell you, I’ll have to kill you.”
    Nice Story. I can't count how many times I said that to my sister. Lol

Another one that I came up looking at a picture on my wall.

John sat on his motorcycle at a gas station just outside of Amarillo. He looked towards the setting sun, Allison was somewhere in that direction. He looked East, Danielle lay that way. With a roar he went south.

fairygirlfairies
    Drying in the hot summer sun, I lie on my back and think about the night before. No air conditioning makes for a sweaty night, as does the handsome stranger with blue eyes and no name. The waves that are hitting the shore bring me back, and make me smile.

-Faith
    (50 words)

Fyukiz
    Strangely I heard the same story from my girlfriend, and it was about me.

I am wandering, lost in a void of endless sorrow. I see nothing, only hope guides me. Then there is light, a light not of the end, but of the beginning. The beginning of sorrow, the light fades; fate has spun its sardonic webs of despair. I am lost again.

-Void

(50 Words)

Fyukiz
    Beautiful

John had always been enthusiastic about everything he put his mind to. However, his new time machine invention scared him. But, because of his past sucess with inventions, John decided to test it by going forward two hundred years. It didn't work as well as planned. John died. Poor John.

(50 words)
    "Excellence in all things, and all things to the glory of God."
    - Motto of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church

And thus began Bobo’s epic quest to write a story with only fifty words in it. Unfortunately, his name isn’t really Bobo and he also has a problem with writing anything short of a lot of words. Finally, after a minimal effort to think of an idea, he wrote something.

That good enough? Probably not gramatically sound =]. Oh well

edit: forgot my period at the end. I always seem to do that when I end a paragraph...

Wearing that red slip, she'd sip tea he'd bought, especially for her.

After she left, he'd contemplate the leaves before sluicing them down the drain looking for clues to solve her mystery.

Running a finger over the dusty rim of the cup, he sighed. Fortune telling is a mug’s game.
    "Tigers bloom where there's oodles of room." Zodiac Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by bobothegoat
    forgot my period at the end. I always seem to do that when I end a paragraph...
    But John really was alive! John's death was only a temporary side effect of time travel. He arrived in a world of writers who don't use periods at the end of paragraphs. "How can these people practice such an utter disgrace to humanity?" he asked. Then John cried. Poor John.

[an:d3d822606a]This may lead into a 'Poor John' series. [/an:d3d822606a]
    "Excellence in all things, and all things to the glory of God."
    - Motto of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church