can you write a 50 word story? try it! - Page 3

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: can you write a 50 word story? try it!

annoyance_demon

50 exactly

I realized that I’d have to be more careful when dumping mercury in my aunt’s water. Her cat had seen me. Before the monster could get away, I took it by the tail and held it forward for inspection. Unfortunately, it slashed my throat out. Death by cat. . .Who knew?

Here goes nothing.
    Society Blows

I sit under the tree. Rays of sunlight try to penetrate the canopy - but only a handful succeed. Red leaves fall, one by one, seemingly suspended forever in space, defying the force of gravity. A silhouette appears in the distance, advancing purposefully towards me. The wait is finally over.
    Trying to improve my english writing skills - any comments/tips would be greatly appreciated
    THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD - THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND BINARY AND THOSE WHO DON'T

'No way!'
    'Oh yeah!'
    'In his hand?'
    It was like, totally in his hand.'
    'That's filthy.'
    'That's what I said.'
    'Did you tell him.'
    'like totally.'
    'What did he say?
    I can't remember.'
    'You didn't ask him.'
    'No.'
    'Why Not?'
    ' You don't see that shit every day!'
    'Guess not.'

Nifty1Pound50
    The beep of the machine.

Again.

Again.

Constant, rhythmic, almost poetic. The slowing down of the beeps, the silent space between them progressively lengthening, intoxicating the room, by his unwillingness to keep breathing.

33 words, but that's all I felt I needed. Edited out a further 12 words. I like it, at least.

TheCriticTW
    He awoke to find his wife missing. He took a look around the house and noticed a lot of her possesions missing. He called her cellular phone to find out what was going on. She said she had left him and hung up. Finally he could be with boyfriend, Gary.

Lunasea
    Billy was four-star general amongst the ranks of the bewildered. On extended driving trips, he would hang his head out the driver’s side window, proclaiming that the blast of rushing air sharpened the senses. I suppose the occasional “bee in the eye” at highway speeds heightened the experience.

The way Sarah sat there reminded me of how he was sitting last night on the bed. "It's alright" she said, "Just don't tell anyone." With that she kissed me and left. I didn't know that she would kill herself later that day. They found her in her own blood.

The way Sarah sat there reminded me of how he was sitting last night on the bed. "It's alright" she said, "Just don't tell anyone." With that she kissed me and left. I didn't know that she would kill herself later that day. They found her in her own blood.

Hands in soapy water, she blindly searched for another dish. Like a shark in the foamy surf the knife attacked, chewing into the meaty indifference of thumb.
    "Damn!" She danced the dishwater dance of wounded housewife.
    Annoyed with the disturbance, he wrapped the wound.
    She knew that is was over.