can you write a 50 word story? try it! - Page 34

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2426272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: can you write a 50 word story? try it!

Each sudden movement of the second hand made the teachers left eye tick as he stared directly at the clock. The air filled with nervous tension as the hand reaches the near vertical, and as it reached its zenith the bell sounded to end another day of school.
    Rimmer: You can't just whack Death on the head!
    Lister: If he comes near me, I'm gonna rip his nipples off!

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    - Robin Williams

nvm
    Last edited by Farewell; December 15th, 2017 at 10:25 AM.

He came and went with only a one word text to show that he had existed at all. What was his purpose, his reason? The hole he left was filled with unanswered questions but it was still a hole and it would exist forever. A legacy of negativity. An enigma.

She was an enigma, appearing in the back of the church. No one knew who she was or what she wanted. Dressed in simple clothes, her face was calm, her eyes gentle, nothing out of the ordinary about her at all... except for the thing she held in her hands...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

This started out as 89 words, I trimmed it down to 50. Cutting out half the story, hard, but an interesting learning experience.

"It was moving now, methodically searching the room. He held his breath. He needed more time. It sniffed the air. Time dragged, his heart pounded. Maybe he was safe, it would give up soon.
    Hot breath spilled onto the back of his neck, he heard it whisper "Tag, you're it.""

I don't like the word "spilled" in that sentence, but I couldn't decide what other word would fit better.

Mother Bird was cautious with which truths she imparted to Baby Bird, hoping he would not come to know the same suffering as her. Unburdened by smallness or fear, Baby Bird eventually leapt from the nest, spread his wings, and flew into the patient jaws of Old Coyote.

Finally he had reached the roof. He looked over the edge at the ten story drop. Taking a deep breath he said "I'm coming baby", then jumped. The paramedics were amazed he had survived. One claimed he " Must have had someone looking over him".

Billy and Tommy were having an argument as to who the killer was in Armchair Mystery theater. The play had just reached that crucial moment when the killer would be revealed. Then all of a sudden most of the east coast was plunged into an enormous power outage.
    "Rules were written for the obedience of fools
    and guidance of wise men"

"Goodnight John-Boy."

The funeral procession moved through the graveyard, amidst the boughs of trees sanctified by the passage of time. One by one, a series of flowers (all diverse kinds) were laid on top of the coffin. When the last one was placed, they spoke their laments for the dearly departed dead.
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Blog Entries
    Decisions

He casually tossed the flowers on her grave, then stared at the headstone for a while before turning to walk brusquely to his car. He pulled the pistol from under the seat. His eyes moved back and forth between it and the keys in his other hand again and again.
    My blog- Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo