{un}holy?! haiku challenge - Page 677

Page 677 of 679 FirstFirst ... 177477577627667669670671672673674675676677678679 LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 6788

Thread: {un}holy?! haiku challenge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    Is not the original patterned demand for 17 syllables IN JAPANESE? So are we not just fornicating the canine here? But it's fun . . .I guess that's all we're doing?
    Well...it IS the UNHOLY haiku challenge so I'm guessing that Japanese poets would frown a lot at these. Plus, I know no Japanese.

We occasionally get an evocative word-picture out of one or two of these, though.

But, yes, just fun.

Though I apparently pronounce 'insignificance' differently. Anyhoo...

To insignificance
    butterbean can label toss
    sunwashed bleaching bare

My first wife was Japanese, I can say "What's the matter then? Does your nappy need changing?" in Japanese.

Sunwashed bleaching bare
    in sun, waiting for winter's
    rain that never comes.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

The only one who can heal you is you.

rain that never comes
    turns drains into deep dry holes
    just like writer's block

Blog Entries
    just like writer's block
    phantom zombie acorn men
    withstand hammering

Clark, we are indeed ten thousand miles from anything resembling classical haiku, or even senryu, but remember the time Upstairs when God and Jesus were playing a round of golf on the two- thousand yard first hole? God putted the ball - putted I say, twenty yards, and a rabbit popped out of a hole, grabbed the ball and hared (!) down the fairway and an eagle dropped down, grabbed the rabbit, flew further, got struck by lightning and dropped the rabbit which dropped the ball which fell straight into the hole.
    ”Dad,” said Jesus, “it’s only a game.”

withstand hammering
    but dread the sly assault of
    acupuncture pins

Acupuncture pins
    With tiny barbs, permanent,
    A very bad idea.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

a very bad idea
    is to question the use of
    acupuncture pins

acupuncture pins
    always get under my skin
    endure loads of pricks

'endure loads of pricks'
    cried the tall head Geisha
    demonstrating her skill

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII