{un}holy?! haiku challenge - Page 475

Thread: {un}holy?! haiku challenge

to know what the game was
    about
    that's not important
    to continue with the game is
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

The game is to construct Haiku, they consist of three phrases. these are 5,7and 5 kana long in Japanese, kana roughly correspond to syllables, however double vowel sounds are seen as separate, for example the name Mei would sound like May (one syllable) to European ears, listen carefully and you will hear Meh-ee two.
    If in doubt go for the longer syllable count. A-ri-zo-na.

There are two further elements, the poem should divide into two contrasting parts and there should be a reference, preferably very subtle (These are Japanese poems) to a season of the year.

*laughs* I Know, Olly...it was fun to do 757 though. The second part of the requirements seems to be awfully limiting and formal.

Ice clinks in the glass
    lemonade and tea mixture
    soothing a parched throat
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Sure, Olly, but this is the UNholy Haiku challenge. I just like the idea of making sure that each haiku uses the last line of the one before it.

Soothing a parched throat
    whispering over the stones
    swimming in summer

Blog Entries
    Swimming in summer
    was a bummer, for fatties
    Like Ted, Jane, and Leigh

Like Ted, Jane, and Leigh
    Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice
    sleep innocently
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    sleep innocently
    dreaming of mayhem amok
    a new rock band now

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    *laughs* I Know, Olly...it was fun to do 757 though. The second part of the requirements seems to be awfully limiting and formal.

Ice clinks in the glass
    lemonade and tea mixture
    soothing a parched throat
    And then you do it so beautifully, it must be summer, and the transition from in the glass to drinking, from expectation to fulfilment, different aspects of the same drink. Someone of such obvious talent and versatility could never be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    And then you do it so beautifully, it must be summer, and the transition from in the glass to drinking, from expectation to fulfilment, different aspects of the same drink. Someone of such obvious talent and versatility could never be limited.
    The check's in the mail
    I'm familiar with formal haiku.

a new rock band now
    isn't the same as it was
    in the way back when
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    In the wayback when
    Moderan's brass monkey wrench
    typos live again