Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

2021 Banished Word list (including phrases) (1 Viewer)

Taylor

Friends of WF
When people post on Facebook, "I love you to the moon and back," over a picture of their child. Even more obnoxious when it is a toddler grandchild.

Why is this thread so cathartic?

clark

Staff member
Chief Mentor
actually

literally

disinterested (objective) when the writer means UNinterested

none (contraction of 'no one') with a plural verb

irregardless (shudder . . .)

"I seen him yesterday" (this abomination is ​increasing

clark

Staff member
Chief Mentor
Nor will I Brandon! Out of the bloody question. We'll have no more of this bullshit. Remember, every single person on this forum is on the same path. Some have maneuvered most of the tricky curves (or think they have) and see clear road ahead. Some of us--me most of the time--are frantically gearing down to get through a series of murderous twists and turns that would terrify a Lesser Writer. And that ain't me. I know a Nobel or a Pullet Sir or at least a Governor-General's Medal awaits me--just as soon as these idiots who hand out awards realize the huge error they're making in sending me their stupid Declines. It is just as easy to get yourself into THAT kind of mindset as it is to sit by the path mopping your face. C'mon m'man--grab those bootstraps and yank firmly upward. If you get momentarily off-balance . . . . .that's why we're here.

Terry D

Retired Supervisor
'Ima' -- meaning "I'm going to..."

'Prolly' -- for probably

True story: Last week my mail carrier told me, "Ima prolly be on vacation next week."

Don't worry. They'll never find the body.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
"Sweet baby looking for her furever home."
"Dixie prefers a home with another dog."
"Cletus is accepting applications for his furever home."

I've been struggling to find a dog and the listing language is making me want to throw up. Stop. Please stop. Just tell me about the dog.

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor
"Sweet baby looking for her furever home."
"Dixie prefers a home with another dog."
"Cletus is accepting applications for his furever home."

I've been struggling to find a dog and the listing language is making me want to throw up. Stop. Please stop. Just tell me about the dog.

Remember when "gag me with a spoon," was popular?

What kind of a doggie are you seeking?

Users who are viewing this thread