Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

2018! (1 Viewer)

Kyle R

WF Veterans
I'm in.

I've the end of a novel to finish, and, hopefully, I'll be able to pound out a good chunk of the sequel, too.

Fingers crossed! :encouragement:

Dluuni

WF Veterans
I'm needing to get a piece done, so I am going to see about building a romance novel. Then I can figure out what to do with it.

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
Not participating myself because November has coincided with a lengthy editing phase, but I'm working hard at the two jobs I'm currently on.

Kyle R

WF Veterans
8,499 as of day 5!

Was a tough slog yesterday to earn those 1,670+ words (at one point I had to actually tell myself, "Just one paragraph at a time" in order to keep the creative wheels turning), but seeing the total word count rise sure is a nice feeling. :encouragement:

Kyle R

WF Veterans
Nice work, Mod!

I fell a little behind, but still chugging along—16,123 as of day 14. Some days the synapses are firing like lightning. Other days it feels like the brain's a lump of mush. Like trying to squeeze water from a stone.

But I remind myself that the words won't write themselves. Even on the tough days, there's something that eventually appears in the writing that makes the effort worthwhile. :encouragement:

moderan

WF Veterans
25,447. It'll only go about 40K but I have backup things. If I hurry, I can get a week's vacation before I have to slam into reading/editing for another antho. There's my motivation :)

Kyle R

WF Veterans
Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 4.15.31 PM.png

I'm 10K behind on pace! Gotta ramp it up in the next week and a half.

*Throws more coal into the steam engine and shoves the lever forward.*

Reactions: PiP

Kyle R

WF Veterans
Thanks for the encouragement, PiP! :D

And bravo, Mod! A complete novella! Way to go. How'd it turn out? :encouragement:

moderan

WF Veterans
Usable. I have another 15K to collate with it and it'll be pubbed early next year as The Forgotten God, at 40-45K

Users who are viewing this thread