Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

2012 NaNoWrimo Kickoff Thread: Are You Ready to Rummmmmble? (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I hope you're right! I'm glad to hear that you're persevering because trying to do anything that involves placing one thought after the other when you've got a three and a five year old (not to mention the puppy) is an exercise in almost keeping your sanity.

Almost. We wouldn't want to get too sane here or we might quit the whole enterprise.

I had some time on Saturday and if I hadn't been working on the 10-year anniversary challenge I might have at least gotten close to catching up to my NaNo wordcount. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Still going (slowly) though.

Spinning out words for NaNo is almost a reward for having worked on the short story.

Gargh

WF Veterans
It's funny isn't it? I've spent so much time over the last year writing poetry and short stories and they have all required me to cut words ruthlessly. Whether it's been to fit a word count or just for poignancy, I have learnt to edit cruelly. Now I find myself trying to let go of all the rules and write in the most convoluted way possible to bulk my word count. It is liberating isn't it? I've absorbed so many maxims about what good writing is that have had to be thrown out of the window for this. I have, however, put a wheelbarrow under the window to catch them just in case I find I need them come December and the editing begins!!!

JimJanuary

My wrimo novel is going to be among the worst things I have written, that and I'm about 10 days behind. I kind of don't care that much at this point. Getting to 20,000 was the only real goal I had in mind anyway

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Jim, you sound like me last year. It just seemed to get worse and worse with no end in sight. Hope that maybe turns around for you.

NaNo has taken a backseat to the WF 10th anniversary challenge here. I just really need to get that story edited and there is still a lot to do.

egpenny

Hate to be a downer, but I just reached 41406 words. On chapter twenty-one and I figure four more chapters ought to do it. If it makes you feel better, I'm retired, widowed, and have nothing but time on my hands. Plus no one bothers me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans in the forum. If you are not from the USA, then just be thankful today for the heck of it.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hate to be a downer, but I just reached 41406 words. On chapter twenty-one and I figure four more chapters ought to do it. If it makes you feel better, I'm retired, widowed, and have nothing but time on my hands. Plus no one bothers me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans in the forum. If you are not from the USA, then just be thankful today for the heck of it.
Congrats on reaching the better of 40,000 words! That's really awesome! I have to admit, it seems that this would be easier if nobody bothered me, either. Really, though, I think I'd be right where I should be wordwise if I didn't have to pour my attention into the 10-Year anniversary thing. Since I'm writing, even if it's not all for NaNo, I'm not terribly upset that I'm not kicking butt on my NaNo wordcount. It would be nice to meet the goal but I expect to probably get to Nov. 30 with about 30,000 words if I'm lucky. The trick will be in continuing to write it til I'm done.

I really would like to have a good entry done for the challenge, and that's turning out to be a very wordy...well...challenge.

And I'm thankful! I'm going to go sleep off the tryptophan now. :)

Gargh

WF Veterans
Glad you're sleeping better Foxee! I had a few awful days when my sleep was interrupted and I felt like I couldn't string together sentences to ask for a cup of tea never mind coherently continue my novel. It's awful. Got it back though and I am now on track to finish on time, hopefully. Don't want to jinx it too much because I developed a frozen shoulder again sitting too long at my computer and it could always come back before Friday...!

How's everyone else going? Good luck for the last push! :saturn:

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Glad to hear you're on track! I'll be looking forward to the sounds of victory when you cross the finish line. :)

egpenny

I did it! I have 56874 and finished the thing. It turned out better than I thought it would, and I'm happy! Now to work on editing.:ChainGunSmiley:
Three days left folks. If you don't make it you've still got more words written than if you'd never tried.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I'm not going to make 50,000 due to having worked on the WF 10th Anniversary Challenge (which just happens to be due on the 30th as well) but I did get a good start on my novel and actually like it and want to continue it...that's pretty much a first for NaNoWriMo. Ordinarily I'm ready to chuck it all in the garbage by the time November is over.

Gargh

WF Veterans
Woo hoo! Woo hoo! Woo hoo! \\:D/:icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce:\\:D/

Guess what? Finished my 50,000, can you tell? 80% or thereabouts of my first ever grown up, real life novel! Better make sure I finish it eh?

(Am trying not to think about the editing!)