Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

2003 Writers Market (1 Viewer)

Chrispian

Patron
Anyone who wants to get published really needs to pick up a copy of The 2003 Writers Market. I still need to go get my copy, but I have last years and 2001's and they were both excellent. I highly recommend them if your looking for market for your writing.

Scott

Hi Chrispian,

Sounds interesting! What's it all about?

Is it suitable no matter where you live?

Thanks

Scott

Spudley

Scott said:
Hi Chrispian,

Sounds interesting! What's it all about?

Is it suitable no matter where you live?

Thanks

Scott

I have seen the Writer's Market on sale here in the UK. Not sure if it's the same book or a UK-specific edition.

But if you're in the UK, I would prefer to recommend The Writers & Artists Yearbook as a far better book. Similar information, but much better laid out.

For those who don't know, the contents of both books includes addresses for all major (and many minor) publishers and media companies, and all the relevant contact names - editors, directors, and so on.

It covers all conceivable forms of writing, from novels and poetry to newspaper and magazine articles right through to greeting card slogans.

It also has various other items - bestseller sales stats; articles giving hints on how to submit your work; details about competitions and prizes... lots of very useful information.

I can't speak for the US edition, but the British version includes details for publishers in all the major english-speaking markets, so it is relevant wherever you are, but it does (understandably) have a heavy bias towards the UK.

L

Lunesse

You can also join online for $30 a year at www.writersmarket.com. You get access to the same stuff, plus, unlike a hardcopy book, it gets updated regularly so you always have the newest info. :D I agree, Writers Market is great for finding agents, contests, all sorts of things to help you with your writing ( and the publishing thereof )

Csira

Thank you for the info. I'll be on the lookout for that book. I will probably be done with my story by end of June, so maybe I should look for an opportunity to publish it? Since so many people are coaxing me. And, I'll be sure to visit the site, thanks Lunesse.

modified7

Writers Market

Writers Market is an annual book that is a technical reference for access to publishers of novels and short stories,poetry,etc. Also for magazines.
It has listings for all of them and what they are looking for, and for what they require for submissions.
They have contests listed with all the details.
They have sections where agents do question and answer sessions, where editors do interviews giving insight into what they are looking for.
All of this and more, it's an essential reference piece for someone looking to get published........sorry to say I haven't put it to much use just yet but the plans are being laid just like everyone else. The book is about 4 or 5 inches thick......packed with info..... Keith

Users who are viewing this thread