Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

#2 Wanderlust (1 Viewer)

River Rose

I pull on my boots
Feeling the need thru my fingertips as I tie up the laces.
Body already in sync with the pulsing of the forest.
My feet hit the dirt, as my mind awakens to a gateway that holds endless possibilities for my mind to travel.
The ENT’s dance in the breeze as their limbs come alive before me.
They tell me stories with such knowledge.
Wisdom old as their stretching, intertwined roots beneath me can hold.
I breath in deeply, filling my lungs with the damp mossy air.
With full unmistakable knowing,
I am home.

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
You took me into the forest with your words. Breathing that 'damp mossy air' is so evocative of the feeling of understanding that a walk in the forest can give. Good poem.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
I connected to your bewitching poem... My Mother always turned to the wood to seek what she needed... and she gave that gift to me... The woods and all that live there are spiritual to me...I go there a wreck and come back... welllll... still a wreck , but a much calmer, peaceful wreck ;)... I am also drawn to the river....Thanks for such a fabulous read...