Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

1st novel self published... (1 Viewer)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Eeekkk so after 5 years of writing it, I have finally taken the dive and self-published my first novel, Memories at Midnight as an ebook on amazon. It's so exciting and scary at the same time. :)

Congratulations, Hannah! Don't forget to include a link and one in your signature :)

My book is still hidden on my computer somewhere. I wrote it before I joined WF.

H.Brown

WF Veterans
Congratulations, Hannah! Don't forget to include a link and one in your signature :)

My book is still hidden on my computer somewhere. I wrote it before I joined WF.
Thank you. :)

Have you ever wanted to get it published PiP?

I will put links up when I am with my laptop and not stuck away from home with car troubles.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Congratulations, and great job! Writing is tough work, and you made it!

On Amazon you can also make a paperback version of your book available - surprisingly (to me) a lot of people want a hard copy rather than an electronic version.

H.Brown

WF Veterans
Congratulations, and great job! Writing is tough work, and you made it!

On Amazon you can also make a paperback version of your book available - surprisingly (to me) a lot of people want a hard copy rather than an electronic version.

Thank you.
I am in the process of setting up the paperback copy I am just having issues getting the cover size right, I thought I had it right submitted it and was told it was slightly too short so now having to figure out how to resize the image without losing qny of the writing. Hopefully I will get it right tomorrow so the paper back can go live as well.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Thank you.
I am in the process of setting up the paperback copy I am just having issues getting the cover size right, I thought I had it right submitted it and was told it was slightly too short so now having to figure out how to resize the image without losing qny of the writing. Hopefully I will get it right tomorrow so the paper back can go live as well.

Yeah - that can be a struggle. Did you use the KDP pdf template?

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Thank you.

Hannah, would you like me to fix your signature? did you know as a FoWF you can also request we add a side block with a picture of the book cover and a link back to your Amazon page?

H.Brown

WF Veterans
Hannah, would you like me to fix your signature? did you know as a FoWF you can also request we add a side block with a picture of the book cover and a link back to your Amazon page?

Oooo no I did not know that PiP I have updated my signature but if you could help me so it shows a picture of the cover that would be even better. :D

@indianroads- yes I did, it took me ages the first time round to get it the right size and now I am 2.2mm off. Have you published through KDP?

H.Brown

WF Veterans
Awesome Esc I hope you enjoy it. Please leave me a review if you do.

Aiming to have the first in a series out by June/July 2021.