Pleased to be here!

Thread: Pleased to be here!

Pleased to be here!

Hello, I have been one of those “lurk in the shadows” finally signed up and looking to be active. I’ve been writing for over a decade now for fun, but never published or even considered trying to be published.

The last year has been pretty tough, I spent most of it in lockdown and with a broken ankle. I’m here for motivation and tips, plus to meet some new folk with interesting stories to tell.

Hi Jude and welcome to WF. We are a supportive group so perfect for people who are interested in becoming part of an active writing community rather than asking one-off questions then never to be seen again. You are welcome to share your work on our Fiction and/or Poetry Showcase offer feedback, and join discussions etc. Please pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

I can relate to the frustration and loneliness of lockdown as I had a total knee replacement operation in August and as I write this we are still in State of Emergency with no physical access to friends or family. It's been a long and lonely winter. I can honestly say, my creative spirit and online friends at WF have saved my sanity.

Do your prefer writing poetry or fiction?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

You will definitely meet some interesting folks here with lots of stories to tell. Welcome aboard!
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Welcome to the forum (at last)
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain.

Welcome!

Yay, you finally took the plunge! The water's deep but it's warm and mostly shark-free

Seriously, I haven't seen a single shark since I joined.

There isn't even a shark emoji. What's up with that?

Anyway, have fun!

Glad you decided to join us, welcome!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Hey Jude welcome
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Hey Jude welcome
    You know... he probably gets a lot of that... so don't let him down, or sing a sad song...

Welcome to the best writers community on the web (IMO). Lots of friendly folks with tons of experience. This is a great place to relax and discuss our passion - writing, in all its various forms.

Regarding the ankle - that's one of the few thing's I've not broken. As a martial artist though, I've sprained them more times than I can count, so you have my sympathies.

Prob eight days a week
    The only one who can heal you is you.