I Don't Write Because I Want to, I Write Because I Have To

Thread: I Don't Write Because I Want to, I Write Because I Have To

I Don't Write Because I Want to, I Write Because I Have To

Hello you! My Title speaks accurately of my need in late 2018 to begin my first novel--it wasn't out of choice. A single image purchased all remaining stock of empty spaces in my mind. This single thought sparked what would become one of my greatest accomplishments in life, and I still have yet to publish.

I truly wish I knew of this website earlier in my writing. Saying that, at the time, I was more concerned about writing than I was about the writing world as a whole.

A retired military veteran from the U.S., I live in the U.K enjoying time with my family and friends. My current career is in Communications/Engineering field however my love is writing.

Writing keeps the demons at bay, so to speak. I don't believe I am alone in saying that knocking out a thousand words or more before breakfast sets the day right.

I look foward to meeting you all in time and reading your work.

Thank you for reading my introduction.

Welcome to the forum, Doodah. Thingamajig and whatchamacallit are already here and waiting to collaborate!

Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain.

Great title! I'm currently finishing off my first novel, which is much the way you describe it. Writing is like air to me.

WF has been a great support. Look forward to seeing you on the forum.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Welcome!

Do you know how long Camptown racetrack is, by chance?

Sorry. If it's any consolation, now the song is stuck on repeat in my head

I hope to see you on the boards!

Welcome! My first two novels were that way... exorcising demons of a troubled past. It was definitely therapeutic. Now I write SciFi. The best stories demand to be told.