New to many things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to many things

New to many things

Hello all,
    I write science fiction, hence the name. Since 2014 I had a very nice publisher who published 2 whole series of my books. He published them in eBook and paperback. I was very happy to just write and let him do all the work. But, alas. Last summer, he went out of the publishing business. I bought all my covers and had to republish all of my own books under my own account. I had to learn Adobe Photoshop to get that done, but I did. I republished all 21 of my books. And, oh, by the way, I have also published my own books on Audible.com too.

I will speak no evil of my publisher. He was and still is a good friend. He is an incredibly talented artist and decided to follow that path, instead.

I was invited to the Amazon hard cover beta and so now I have most of my books also published in hard cover. That is very challenging as KDP does not provide the template. They only give you the exact details depending on how many pages and you are left to build your own template on your own.

Even with all of this under my belt, I am still very new at being an indie publisher. I have a lot to learn, but I also have a lot to share if anyone has questions, I will do my best to help if I am able. I have my good days and my bad days. I may show up regularly or get busy for a while.

I haven't got a clue what writer's block is, in case you can't tell.

I will try to get my profile worked on so you can see my website. Not one word of this is BS or exaggeration. It is what is is.

I call Earth my homeworld but I am an outworlder to the nines.

It's wonderful to see another published author on the forum. I'd love to read a snippet or two of you books if that's possible. Could you provide a link to those on Amazon? And first dibs on critique if you're handing them out!

Just kidding (I think). Welcome aboard!
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain.

Welcome! Sounds like you've done an amazing job turning setbacks around.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Welcome!

Great to meet you and I may have some questions for you down the line!

I think you'll enjoy your time here, it will certainly be well spent

You've found a nice spot here. Welcome.

hello all,

Thanks for the nice welcome.

I am always leery of breaking the rules with live links look at mt website fivemoons dot org.
    I have the Amazon links there
    Five Moons was my first series. It was a fun write and a good read.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ScifiWriter View Post

I will try to get my profile worked on so you can see my website. Not one word of this is BS or exaggeration. It is what is is.

Hi ScifiWriter and welcome to our community. I LOVE your username! With the number of Scifi members I am surprised the name is not already taken.

To edit your signature to include links to your Amazon page and/or website either become a Friends of WF subscriber or make ten valid posts.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Welcome! Another self published SciFi writer here. This is a good place.
    Put the link for your web page in your signature (use mine as an example).

Welcome aboard. Of all the writing forums, you landed in the best one.
    No soup Nazis here...although one of the mentors is an asshole.

Throw up some links. You should start a thread on what you went through for the hard covers. I have not done any hard covers yet...seemed like it would jack the price of the books too much.

Thank you all for the welcome. I was busy yesterday approving the audio files for another novel to go onto audible.com but I had some time this morning.

Yes. I did discover that I must post 10 times to have access to my profile. I will do my best.

If you look up Five Moons: Resurrection on Amazon you should find my profile there along with the rest of my books.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast