Writing about a cooking career - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Writing about a cooking career

So to give a update I started writing it as a fiction. Going well I'll be sharing a few things soon thank you everyone. Keep the tips coming they are great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
    So to give a update I started writing it as a fiction. Going well I'll be sharing a few things soon thank you everyone. Keep the tips coming they are great help.
    Good because I'm hungry for some good cooking fiction!
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Now would likely be a great time for you to look into writing flash creative nonfiction. The stories can be as short as 500 words (or fewer). But by doing this type of writing (short) you can assemble the tiny pieces like bricks and from them build your direction (and you'll have captured many of the stories that might otherwise escape you). Plus, you can market each individual tiny story too. I hope to get to watch your progress with the project. Good luck! Sounds interesting.
    Free Download of My Chapbook: Flash Fiction: A Primer
    Hidden Content

List Stories: Lists of the Literary Kind. See my essay at Hidden Content

Love how contagious inspiration can be. Your post about your new project made me recall the time my sister mixed up baking powder and baking soda in a recipe. Result: not good. I think I'll write up a short-short about that hysterical event. Thank you! Oh, just thought of another funny cooking incident . . .
    Hidden Content

Netflix’ “The Chef’s Table” has been interesting for highlighting the story and personality of chefs and showing their work as well. I think people are interested in the subject.

Netflix also has another show, Chef, that features truck chefs and that's pretty interesting and often quite amusing too.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelyn Casto View Post
    Love how contagious inspiration can be. Your post about your new project made me recall the time my sister mixed up baking powder and baking soda in a recipe. Result: not good. I think I'll write up a short-short about that hysterical event. Thank you! Oh, just thought of another funny cooking incident . . .
    Your welcome!

When i first had my 'idea' i had no plan of what to do ...i just wrote. As time passed i researched. I had what i wanted in my mind, had stories in my mind, subplots developed all the time, characters and characteristics forming as the weeks and months passed.

What i really suggest is start small. Write short stories, something that takes a week. Work on your story for a few days, edit the best you can, revise it to the best you can and then see what others say on how to improve it. Then alter it and start another short story.

The aim of these is to build your writing style, what interests you. Humour ... great, real stories ... good too ... write what makes you engaged and it will translate onto paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeaway Junkie View Post
    When i first had my 'idea' i had no plan of what to do ...i just wrote. As time passed i researched. I had what i wanted in my mind, had stories in my mind, subplots developed all the time, characters and characteristics forming as the weeks and months passed.

What i really suggest is start small. Write short stories, something that takes a week. Work on your story for a few days, edit the best you can, revise it to the best you can and then see what others say on how to improve it. Then alter it and start another short story.

The aim of these is to build your writing style, what interests you. Humour ... great, real stories ... good too ... write what makes you engaged and it will translate onto paper.
    I enjoy humor �� with real stories

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12