Sideboard - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sideboard

could all lines simply be
    I am thinking - ? - truthfully I'd love to call it Heidegger is thinking - I know that changes everything but I can't help but think this poem is actually about (among other things) The Nature of Language.

Oh and excellent piece, though I'd like to change the title to avante-guard sideboard or
    a sideboard's composition,

something that hints that this piece is delving into communication through poetry/ the poet using that communication to offer a new suggestion or idea?

Just random thoughts, the poem led me into all sorts of wild and wonderful places as all good poetry does, so thanks for that,

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Llyralen View Post
    Is it okay to ask you how it went? Did you get to have this talk? I don’t know, I’m new here, but it seems crazy to not ask you how it went. But I guess I’m crazy to ask around here?

The poem... it kept me reading it, wanting to find out all that you had to say because of the obvious tension/conflict. Tension does totally keep you at the edge of your seat and in literature or film or whatever art, tension doesn’t have to be a bomb planted or a battle. As I can easily experience from my reaction to your poem it can be something small like telling your partner what you really hope for. or like them not enjoying something that is so important to you. From the musician Leonard Cohen “You don’t really care for music do ya?” I learn from that. Thanks and also good luck!
    Hello,

Thank you so much for taking time to read and for your comments, I totally agree with you in terms of tension. I’m more interested in the everyday and the little things and just because something is mundane doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve to be articulated in poetry or some other medium. That’s not to say I don’t like reading stuff about big political issues or global conflicts, I just think it all has equal merit and is all worthy.

I can tell you that the cat really enjoyed the piece, he loves it when I mention him in my poems.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    could all lines simply be
    I am thinking - ? - truthfully I'd love to call it Heidegger is thinking - I know that changes everything but I can't help but think this poem is actually about (among other things) The Nature of Language.

Oh and excellent piece, though I'd like to change the title to avante-guard sideboard or
    a sideboard's composition,

something that hints that this piece is delving into communication through poetry/ the poet using that communication to offer a new suggestion or idea?

Just random thoughts, the poem led me into all sorts of wild and wonderful places as all good poetry does, so thanks for that,

Danny
    Hello,

again thank you so much for taking the time to read and for your comments, I see what you’re getting at re the start of each stanza, I think that could work. On the title, I actually only ever started writing this to write about the sideboard itself, but I couldn’t think of anything to write about it past the first stanza. So it kind of spiralled, I like that you’ve been able to read more into it than the obvious, perhaps to the poet his/her children are the poems?

Cheers

Syd

absolutely. And all language says more than we mean, that's the beauty of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12