Double trouble- 2 new mods!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double trouble- 2 new mods!

Blog Entries

Double trouble- 2 new mods!

Please welcome indianroads and vranger to the smoderation team. Their quality contributions to the forum made them stand out to us and they graciously agreed to volunteer their time and effort to help us maintain this community of writers.

Welcome!
    "When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

"Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

Awesome! Good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    Please welcome indianroads and vranger to the smoderation team. Their quality contributions to the forum made them stand out to us and they graciously agreed to volunteer their time and effort to help us maintain this community of writers.

Welcome!
    Congrats to you both! Welcome to the crew!
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

I bumped around online looking for other writers to chat with - without naming names, a few were pretty rough, and I'm very thankful to have found this place. I'm happy to contribute.

Welcome to the mods team
    Hidden Content
    Follow Flashes on...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content
    (we even allow simultaneous submissions!)

Welcome, a great addition to our moderator team.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Well done! Two great choices.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

As indianroads expressed--and I had the same experience--another writer's forum I once participated in did not have an atmosphere I felt comfortable with, and that came right from its top down. The very opposite is true here, from friendly and gracious owners to thoughtful staff to a gaggle of delightful members.

When velo contacted me to gauge my interest in becoming a mod, my first thought was of the old Maytag repairman commercials ... a man sitting in a lonely office because he had no work to do. It's extremely rare for me to come across an objectionable comment here, and in browsing the mod area where such things are reported, I see that problems come around maybe every few weeks ... sometimes months. I've been on some forums devoted to various topics where the need for moderation might come about every few minutes or hours. LOL It speaks well of the members here, who are infused with the atmosphere coming, as I mentioned, from the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post

Welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast