Greetings!!


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Greetings!!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    16

    Greetings!!

    Greetings,

    I decided to join to try and look for some help. I'm working on writing a book. I have been a chef for 15 years due to the pandemic I lost my job. I thought would be a fun idea to write about things I have seen, experience and other fun stuff along my career of being a chef.

  2. #2
    Hello and welcome to the forums!
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain.

  3. #3
    Welcome! It would be fun to read about your experiences as a chef. Are you going to write in fiction or nonfiction? Either would work well....
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

  4. #4
    Actual personal experience is a good place to start, whether you fitionalise it or tell it as it is. Fun is a good attitude to take toward it as well, of course it is possible you may write a best seller, but it is a very small proportion of writers who actually make a real living from it. What sort of help are you looking for, there is a wealth of experience, and inexperience, here and you may find many of the questions you would ask already answered. A good place to start is 'Writing discussion' and its sub forum 'Hints and Tips', not only is there a fair bit which is of interest there, but also the opportunity to comment and make the ten posts necessary to see the full forum open up.

    Welcome to the forum, Olly.
    A new story

    I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    Welcome

    There is whole bunches of good info here and a heck of a lot of good folks, so dive in! (to the info, not the folks )

  6. #6
    Hey, welcome to the forum! As a casual fan of Food Network I find the culinary world interesting. Also, even if your book doesn't center around a chef or the culinary arts everybody has to eat at some point so you've got a skillset that you can draw on. Have you ever read any Dick Francis mysteries? He turned his former career as a steeplechase jockey into characters and plot points for his books.

    In any case, glad to have you here.

  7. #7
    Welcome to the site! I am a complete 'wannabe' chef, always in awe of a real one.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

  8. #8
    Member River Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    A nuthouse
    Posts
    355
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
    Greetings,

    I decided to join to try and look for some help. I'm working on writing a book. I have been a chef for 15 years due to the pandemic I lost my job. I thought would be a fun idea to write about things I have seen, experience and other fun stuff along my career of being a chef.
    I have been a waitress many, many hrs and know my way around front lines of the restaurant business. What happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen. Or in the cooler,,,or pantry,,,or backroom. Lol. I think writing about your experiences would be awesome. It’s a whole different life behind the kitchen doors. Welcome.
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rose View Post
    I have been a waitress many, many hrs and know my way around front lines of the restaurant business. What happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen. Or in the cooler,,,or pantry,,,or backroom. Lol. I think writing about your experiences would be awesome. It’s a whole different life behind the kitchen doors. Welcome.


    It's the best thing in the world, when you try to explain it others they just don't understand haha !

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    Hey, welcome to the forum! As a casual fan of Food Network I find the culinary world interesting. Also, even if your book doesn't center around a chef or the culinary arts everybody has to eat at some point so you've got a skillset that you can draw on. Have you ever read any Dick Francis mysteries? He turned his former career as a steeplechase jockey into characters and plot points for his books.

    In any case, glad to have you here.
    Interesting I will have to check that out !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.