Do incomplete titles of the poems really work that way? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do incomplete titles of the poems really work that way?

Quote Originally Posted by ritudimrinautiyal View Post
    The word was incomplete, I wanted readers to complete it with their interpretation. I couldn't get the response timely, so I got confused, if I did the right thing.

Ritu
    There's really no right or wrong in poetry. It is either effective or it isn't. As Darren says, a title is meant to entice a reader into the poem without giving it away. Some titles have nothing to do with the poem. John Ashbury is famous for doing that and he is one of the most popular contemporary poets in the English language. You can do anything you want with a title. You can even quote another writer without giving credit since there is no copyright on titles so it isn't plagiarism.

Quote Originally Posted by TL Murphy View Post
    There's really no right or wrong in poetry. It is either effective or it isn't. As Darren says, a title is meant to entice a reader into the poem without giving it away. Some titles have nothing to do with the poem. John Ashbury is famous for doing that and he is one of the most popular contemporary poets in the English language. You can do anything you want with a title. You can even quote another writer without giving credit since there is no copyright on titles so it isn't plagiarism.
    Thanks a lot for guiding me about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12